Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock height handling and comfort

Old 11-08-2015, 07:17 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock height handling and comfort

Hey, guys. Yesterday, my dad rode in my Unlimited Hard Rock with 2.5" Rock Krawler Flex kit and Rancho RS9000XL shocks. He liked the way it felt. Now he's considering improving the performance of his '14 2-door Willys. However, he does not want to lift it, and he doesn't want to go up in tire size. He's about to turn 62, so he's not wanting to have to climb up into the Jeep. He likes the stock height. He also has no intention of taking it off-road. He got the Jeep because he had been wanting one for a long time, and it's just a fun on-road vehicle for him. So on-road performance is what he's wanting to improve. Does anyone make a progressive or dual rate coil in stock height, that would give him the handling performance I got with the Rock Krawler kit? Or is his only option just swapping out to set of Rancho 9000s and dialing in the adjustments to his liking? I suggested he get some spacers for his stock wheels (he doesn't want to change his wheels either), to push them out a bit for cosmetics and a minor improvement in handling with a wider stance. He liked the look of mine with the tires not tucked under the fenders.

Quick Reply: Stock height handling and comfort