Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock Front Driveshaft Life on 3"

Old 08-28-2008, 06:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
I just had my driveshaft replaced under warranty because they still don't have just a boot replacement. It looks smaller in diameter than the origional. Did they change the design? It has a U-joint on the diff end which I don't remember on the origional. I have a TF 3" lift on and the clamp caught the tranny pan wheeling in Moab in July. The driveshafts had over 10,000km on them and were trouble free to this point. I new the boot would get torn as soon as it saw some serious wheeling and was going to put a different driveshaft up front eventually. Now I have to go look at an 07 front driveshaft and see if its different.
How did you get your driveshaft replaced under warranty if you lifted your Jeep 3 inches? Either your dealer is really stupid, or extremely mod-friendly... or they installed the lift before you bought the Jeep.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ryno
How did you get your driveshaft replaced under warranty if you lifted your Jeep 3 inches? Either your dealer is really stupid, or extremely mod-friendly... or they installed the lift before you bought the Jeep.
Yes please elaborate... I bet its a joke... under warranty? Who needs upgraded drive shafts if you can just keep changing them under warranty after Moab with a lift.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driveshaft replaced.

My dealer isn't stupid, just mod friendly. The Jeep has about 48,000km on it. The first 38,000 with a 2.5 TF BB then I installed the 3" TF kit. The only work they do on it is recall stuff and the first free oil change, I've done all the other wrenching myself.

Quick Reply: Stock Front Driveshaft Life on 3"