Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock or Drop Pitman Arm

Old 01-15-2010, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock or Drop Pitman Arm

I have recently bought a 4" Rough Country Lift for my 4dr Wrangler. I also bought Adjustable trackbars for front and rear and removed the trackbar drop brackets, do i need to put my stock pitman arm back on or leave the drop one installed? What i have is a whole lot of steering wander and minimal bump steer. Is there any other suggestions to cure my wandering problem?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 11:41 AM
JK Newbie

Does that kit come with Adj Lower Control Arms?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by frankie945
Does that kit come with Adj Lower Control Arms?
No fixed control arms and cam bolts
Old 01-15-2010, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Give a few. Someone will chime in that knows what's up. I am not familiar with that kit or that amount of lift. I do know you will need some front LCA's and rear upper arms to get everything straight like stock. At least from what I have read on here.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check your toe, that can cause wandering. Also, if you removed the drop brackets in the front and kept the drop pitman, it put your drag and trackbar outta parralell. Either put the bracket back on w your adj trackbar or take the drop pitman off to get your trackbar and drag at the same angle.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Check your toe, that can cause wandering. Also, if you removed the drop brackets in the front and kept the drop pitman, it put your drag and trackbar outta parralell. Either put the bracket back on w your adj trackbar or take the drop pitman off to get your trackbar and drag at the same angle.
Thats what i thought, so i will remove my drop pitman and reinstall stock and hopefully that solves my problem
Old 01-15-2010, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would like to add also as stated before, ditch the cambolts and get the front adj lowers. Cambolts will not give you the castor needed for better drivability on a 4in lift IMO, they only give you so much, then that's it
Old 01-15-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Would like to add also as stated before, ditch the cambolts and get the front adj lowers. Cambolts will not give you the castor needed for better drivability on a 4in lift IMO, they only give you so much, then that's it
Yeah thats coming in the near future, just trying to get it to drive a little better until then
Old 01-15-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by nsrailroader07
Yeah thats coming in the near future, just trying to get it to drive a little better until then
also my lift stated to set caster to factory specs, is that good or should i change it? If changing it would be best anyone have an suggestions on what to set it at?

thanks
Old 01-15-2010, 02:39 PM
JK Super Freak

If you removed the track bar drop bracket you probably need to go back to the stock pitman arm. Did you try driving it with the track bar drop bracket and the longer pitman arm? My guess would be that it would drive better that way. But that would be just a guess. Have you measured the angles? Have any pics?

Quick Reply: Stock or Drop Pitman Arm