Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock Coil Spring Numbers?

Old 02-22-2013, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi

Received 107 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by JKingAround
Your logic is flawed. My jeep did not have a bad rake. Rubi springs are stiffer than stock sport spring. That's why they come with 32s and can fit 35s with flat fenders. You can't say that about sports.

Attachment 425363

Stock pic
A rubi unlimited springs sit over a 1" taller than a sport unlimited with out including tires and will give over 2" on a 2 door.

Rubicons do not have different springs they have different shocks. The coil springs on a Rubicon can be the same as on any other model of wrangler. And yes I can say that about sports and saharas. The jeeps that have the worst rake are most likely fitted with lower numbered front spring coils ie the 14,15 and 16's. This is nothing new do a search on it. Pull up any factory diagram and you will see that coil springs are not wrangler model specific ie they part number for the rubi is the same as for the sport. Shocks are different however.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I switched out a 15/16 front set to 17/18 and 58 rears to 59's (all donated from a 4dr Sahara with tow), and obtained an 1" in the front and 3/4" in the rear . I'm not so sure a 19/19 set in the front and 60's in the rear is going to give you a full 2". I kept my stock 2dr Sahara shocks, installing Rubi shocks is likely gonna make for a stiffer ride, trailwise that maybe your intent.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default bringing up a old tread.

I have a coil spacer lift on my rig and im looking for at least 3/4-1 inch more because in my opinion I like a slight rake not the level look. My spacers were supposed to at least level the vehicle out but i must have soft rear springs cause the rear sits just a little lower. so im going to buy stiffer springs in the rear.

/// and whats with the wranglers out there i see with extremely lifted front ends and low rear ends. It looks like shit.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKingAround
I have 4 door rubi springs for sale $100

They fit stock 2 doors and will give you 2" of lift
Not necessarily. Too many factors involved.
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
JK Freak

If you folks need to have your JK level at all times, you better get a set of JKS ACOS. It will be the first and last set of spacer you'll ever buy.
Old 01-11-2014, 05:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Old thread reply in lie of new (came across as I'm reading all I can on this topic)

Not looking for more lift, just thinking of a cost effective solution to add front and rear bumpers. (Load capacity)

My JKU Sahara came with tow package, hard top and is a auto. Front springs are 15 and 16 rear are both 58. I've installed a TF level kit (spacer) and got a nice level look and well balanced stance with 33s

Want to add aftermarket bumpers front and rear, but worried I will sag...seems the cost of entry for these bumpers is a upgraded 2" coil lift and shocks like OME light or RE.

All three items could kill the budget, so wondering if I could find the stiffest coil set which sounds like 19 and 60 would be enough improvement to help with added weight?

Thanks for any advice
Old 01-11-2014, 06:02 AM
JK Junkie

Actually the 10A springs are stiffer up front, look for 06. The rears are the correct numbers.

The actual amount of sag will depend on how much bumper you are going to put on there. Aluminum bumpers will keep the weight down but will also lighten your wallet.
Old 01-11-2014, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by karls
Actually the 10A springs are stiffer up front, look for 06. The rears are the correct numbers. The actual amount of sag will depend on how much bumper you are going to put on there. Aluminum bumpers will keep the weight down but will also lighten your wallet.
Ya I'm looking at steel and aluminum and you are right light weight comes at a cost. I been reading the light bumper threads too. I find it frustrating that bumper manufactures do not spec their weight.

I'm also thinking my rear bumper will be one without a tire carrier ( for now) but would buy one that can be upgraded....this saves me $ and lbs and being honest I only have 33's are present.

Should have noted my rig is a 2008.

Thanks
Old 01-11-2014, 06:48 AM
JK Junkie

Are you set on a bumper with carrier? Check with various vendors and manufacturers to see where they keep their overstock and soon to be discontinued stock. With each new revision comes lower prices on the old stuff so they can clear out their inventory. Genright had quite a few pieces for a while but don't have anything now. Their rear bumper in alum is 20lbs with most of that weight being the steel d-ring mounts.

Quick Reply: Stock Coil Spring Numbers?