Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock 4 door rubicon suspension on a 2 door?

Old 07-04-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock 4 door rubicon suspension on a 2 door?

I recently purchase a new suspension and was wondering if my rubicon 4 door suspension would benefit a two door jk at all. Would it raise its ride height or make it a stiffer ride or both? I have no idea, but if I was to guess someone might get an inch or so lift from them.
Old 07-04-2009, 09:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by johnnygresham
I recently purchase a new suspension and was wondering if my rubicon 4 door suspension would benefit a two door jk at all. Would it raise its ride height or make it a stiffer ride or both? I have no idea, but if I was to guess someone might get an inch or so lift from them.
Just instaleed a 4 door Rubicon suspension (coils/shocks) on a bone stock 2 door X. Gained just short of an inch of lift and they said it rode alot better.
Old 07-05-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got about an inch in the front and slightly better in the rear. My front springs were sagging with the bumper and winch. Cured my bouncy lift on take off and nose dive during hard braking. For the guy with a BB it is a great fix.

The four door Rubi or HD coils on an X or Sahara are what you want for the 2 door. If you have a G in the 4th digit of your Vin of a 4 door you have the heavy duty coils. The X guys with towing package should have that in their Vin. All the 4 door Rubi's have the HD coils.

Old 07-06-2009, 06:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone in michigan with a 2 door x can buy my rubi suspension for $75.00.

Quick Reply: Stock 4 door rubicon suspension on a 2 door?