Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock to 37s

Old 06-12-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MarbleheadGuy
You're definitely going to need more than 2.5" of lift to clear 37s. I'd go with a full 4".

Also, nice to see another Islander out there getting big
My buddy cleared 37's with a 2" OME lift....with ease.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by srunyon
My buddy cleared 37's with a 2" OME lift....with ease.
Wow. Nice work! How's the flex?
Old 06-12-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default Axle Shafts

Prorock 44 / Rubicon owners...if I go the route of the prorock 44, that means I wouldn't need c gussets or sleeves right? I would still need the chromoly axle shafts though right?
Old 06-12-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Prim
Prorock 44 / Rubicon owners...if I go the route of the prorock 44, that means I wouldn't need c gussets or sleeves right? I would still need the chromoly axle shafts though right?
You could still do them, but it wouldn't be worth the expenditure I don't imagine. Yes, get chromoly shafts, or go with the RCV's.

If you're putting 37's on your rig, I would recommend going with a 4 inch lift or larger. I have a 4 inch lift and I still occasionally rub when I am at full flex, so I'm not sure that 2.5 or 3 will cut it. If you're just going to asphalt drive, then I believe 2.5 will clear 37's.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Prim
Wow. Nice work! How's the flex?
He's got the long travel shocks, so it's pretty amazing. His name is Wells on here if you want to track him down.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by srunyon
He's got the long travel shocks, so it's pretty amazing. His name is Wells on here if you want to track him down.
That is pretty amazing! I rub my 35s on my 2.5" during significant flexing.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:42 PM
JK Newbie

Great info! Thank you!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:11 PM
JK Newbie

Default installation

looks like a good list, if youre anything like me youll want to install your new goodies when you get them. i would look at what order you can install all of your wheeling components. the first thing im getting is driveshafts, tom goodys. make sure you look at the lifts you get some require certain backspacing so as not to rub when turning. most ive seen are 4.5 backspacing or less. stock ive read is 5" on the moab 17s. as i also want to go from stock to 37s on my 2dr rubicon i have researched my brain to mush finding out the best possible way to go about it. yet everything i read i always learn something new. ive decided to go with the teraflex full 8 short arm 4" kit. which will apparently give me closer to 6" of lift. i dont know what your budget is like and im not telling you what to get but id definitely take a look at what you get and what order.

happy wheelin

Quick Reply: Stock to 37s