Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock to 37s

Old 06-09-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I really appreciate all the responses! I only have about .2 seconds to say anything. Real quickly, about the lift, I already have the 1.25" BL and flat fenders. That's why I was thinking/hoping a 2.5 susp would be alright. I'll definitely check out that link you posted Carpe Diem! I'll have more of a chance to better read through all the responses and soak them in this evening. Thanks again!
Old 06-09-2011, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Red Stinger
Gonna need more than four inches of lift. I have four and my 35's rub my stock fenders pretty good under significant flex
with flat flares, 1.25'' BL, 2.5'' lift will be ok with appropriate bumpstop extensions.

Have a look at Planman's write-up on how to run 37s with 2.5'' and flats flares
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...uspension-lift

Last edited by CrazyShadow; 06-09-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-09-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Super Freak

you might also think of going right to a pro rock 44. pay me now or pay me later.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't forget to cut your rear pinch seems to fit those bad boys.
Old 06-09-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a good list! You will love 37's.
Old 06-10-2011, 01:57 AM
JK Newbie

Default Updated List

Alright, so I've had a chance to read through the replies and look into the links provided. I've updated my list. Although I may be able to afford everything at once (in a few months), it's gonna be difficult to explain to the lady why I'm spending so much. If I could spread things out over time, I'd really like to! So please let me know if my "immediate list" is a little overkill and some things could be placed in the "over time list". I don't want to cut corners though. As far as purchasing all of this, I'm debating on buying a long arm kit so that as much as possible is included together or take the time to look through the "for sale" section and e-bay to find parts for cheaper. Also is there a good dealer on here that gives good "you're a cool kid on the JK Forum"/military discount?

Again, I have a 2dr Islander (Sport) 6spd.

Newly listed items are italicized

Already Have
-Flat fenders
-RC 1.25" BL (not installed yet)

Immediate List
-37" Tires
-5.13 Gears
-Ring & Pinion Overhaul Kit
-2.5" Suspension Lift
-Shocks
-Chromoly Axle Shafts
-Axle C Gussets & Sleeves
-Adjustable Front/Rear Track Bars
-Front Swaybar Disconnects
-1.25" Wheel Spacers
-Bumpstops 1.25" Front / 2.5" Rear
-Extended Brakelines
-Front/Rear Driveshafts

Over Time List
-Wheels with 4.5" BS
-Rocker Guards
-Control Arms
-Differential Covers
-Superchip Flashpaq

Thank you again for your input. Whenever I make my decisions and get it all started, I'll keep you guys up to date with the build!
Old 06-11-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by planman
With a 2.5" lift, you can just use a rear trackbar bracket instead of buying a rear adjustable trackbar.

Also at 2.5" with a 6 speed, you can run stock driveshafts with no problems.

If you buy something like the Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with shocks, you can just use the brakeline relocation brackets that come with the lift instead of extended brakelines.

With the money saved from that, you can buy the Superchips, front lower adjustable control arms, and either rocker guards or rear tire carrier now.

Call David at Northridge4x4.com (phone number below in my sig). He'll give you a great package deal.
Thanks for the info! And I'm putting together a shopping list to get a quote from Dave.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Prim
Alright, so I've had a chance to read through the replies and look into the links provided. I've updated my list. Although I may be able to afford everything at once (in a few months), it's gonna be difficult to explain to the lady why I'm spending so much. If I could spread things out over time, I'd really like to! So please let me know if my "immediate list" is a little overkill and some things could be placed in the "over time list". I don't want to cut corners though. As far as purchasing all of this, I'm debating on buying a long arm kit so that as much as possible is included together or take the time to look through the "for sale" section and e-bay to find parts for cheaper. Also is there a good dealer on here that gives good "you're a cool kid on the JK Forum"/military discount?

Again, I have a 2dr Islander (Sport) 6spd.

Newly listed items are italicized

Already Have
-Flat fenders
-RC 1.25" BL (not installed yet)

Immediate List
-37" Tires
-5.13 Gears
-Ring & Pinion Overhaul Kit
-2.5" Suspension Lift
-Shocks
-Chromoly Axle Shafts
-Axle C Gussets & Sleeves
-Adjustable Front/Rear Track Bars
-Front Swaybar Disconnects
-1.25" Wheel Spacers
-Bumpstops 1.25" Front / 2.5" Rear
-Extended Brakelines
-Front/Rear Driveshafts

Over Time List
-Wheels with 4.5" BS
-Rocker Guards
-Control Arms
-Differential Covers
-Superchip Flashpaq

Thank you again for your input. Whenever I make my decisions and get it all started, I'll keep you guys up to date with the build!
Get a price on the pro rock 44 and just see where it is at before you make a move. It may be better to save for it then going with the Dana 30 all done up. I don't think it will be too much more doing it now.
Old 06-11-2011, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

X2 on the Prorock 44 - I'm not sure on total cost for gussets, sleeves, and other d30 beefups, but if you crawl with a d30 and 37's, more than likely you will break something. I think a prorock housing starts in the $2100 range. Maybe another $2000-2500 for axle shafts, ball joints, gears, and lockers?
Old 06-12-2011, 04:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by viking
you might also think of going right to a pro rock 44. pay me now or pay me later.
Originally Posted by viking
Get a price on the pro rock 44 and just see where it is at before you make a move. It may be better to save for it then going with the Dana 30 all done up. I don't think it will be too much more doing it now.
Originally Posted by jeepairforce
X2 on the Prorock 44 - I'm not sure on total cost for gussets, sleeves, and other d30 beefups, but if you crawl with a d30 and 37's, more than likely you will break something. I think a prorock housing starts in the $2100 range. Maybe another $2000-2500 for axle shafts, ball joints, gears, and lockers?
Definitely will do guys. Thanks for the advice. I see you both are carrying the Prorock 44 so you are speaking from experience/looking out for me! This would be the time to do it since I'd be getting new gears anyway.

Also, I've been thinking...eventually I'm going to want a new rear bumper/tire carrier, front bumper, winch, armor...will the 1.25" BL / 2.5" SL / flat fenders keep all this up or should I plan ahead/buy once and get a 3" or 3.5" suspension lift? Also, if I go that route, is it then that I'd need to look more into the additional parts (driveshafts, rear adjustable track bar, more control arms, etc) that I wouldn't need if I went with the 2.5? AGAIN thanks so much for the continued advice! I want to do this right the first time and not end up paying more in the long run.

Quick Reply: Stock to 37s