Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stock to 37s

Old 06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock to 37s

Ok, so I'm getting a nice chunk of change within the next couple months and think it may be the time to put some 37s on. The highest I've ever gone before (with my TJ) was 33s, so I just want to make sure I got it everything right before I pull the trigger. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe I need the below items (aside from the tires).

I have a 2dr Islander (Sport) 6spd. Flat fenders. RC 1.25" BL (not installed yet)

List
-5.13 Gears
-Ring & Pinion Overhaul Kit
-2.5" Suspension Lift
-Shocks
-Chromoly Axle Shafts
-Axle C Gussets & Sleeves
-Adjustable Front Track Bar
-Adjustable Rear Upper Control Arms
-Front Swaybar Disconnects
-Wheel Spacers or Wheels with 4.5" BS

Again, please let me know if I don't necessarily NEED something right now and can budget for it as I go and put more money into my savings account and/or towards paying off the Jeep. Let me know if I need more than what is listed. And of course, let me know if I'm off track (I'll blame it on that it's almost 4am and I need some sleep! Ha). Thank you!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Newbie

I might consider changing front/rear driveshafts because the suspension travel/ pinion angle might get in a risky posistion when you're doing anything 4 x 4. But other than that looks like a solid list and a good way to spend ~2.5-4 grand (tires/rims included)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:13 AM
JK Super Freak

You're definitely going to need more than 2.5" of lift to clear 37s. I'd go with a full 4".

Also, nice to see another Islander out there getting big
Old 06-09-2011, 05:15 AM
JK Freak

With a 2.5 lift you won't need the control arms. Your list is great, but I definetely recommend armor. Especially rock rails! Put the money for the control arms towards armor. Just my thoughts.

Great build and share some pics as you go. Good luck.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:19 AM
JK Junkie

Im playing with the same idea and everything looks good on the list, I would add drive shafts, longer brake lines, a rear track bar and a 3"-4" lift unless you go with flat fenders then you should be good with 2.5. It will be a little more expensive for me because im seriously thinking of ditching the front D33 and getting a used rubicon D44

Last edited by Sapper12b; 06-09-2011 at 05:23 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gonna need more than four inches of lift. I have four and my 35's rub my stock fenders pretty good under significant flex
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Red Stinger
Gonna need more than four inches of lift. I have four and my 35's rub my stock fenders pretty good under significant flex
Really?? I have 2.5" and 35s and I've had zero rubbing so far - CLOSE but none yet. Just did some pretty good flexing this past weekend too. I believe you, just surprised...
Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
JK Junkie

Yeah a 3" lift will do the trick, if you follow this link to the 37's club post you will see a lot of guys are running the Full Traction 3" lift. I would look at all the signatures in the thread to see what lifts they are running. I personally say a 3" lift with flat fenders will do the trick and you might be able to get a away with a 2.5" with flat fenders but if you can save some cash i would definitely look into the Clayton 3.5" lift.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ub..(post-pics)
Old 06-09-2011, 05:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Prim
Ok, so I'm getting a nice chunk of change within the next couple months and think it may be the time to put some 37s on...
This might be helpful.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...uspension-lift.
Old 06-09-2011, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Bump stops ... i cant believe i forgot about the bump stops, definitely need new bump stops

Quick Reply: Stock to 37s