Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stinger rear bumper

Old 12-23-2011, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stinger rear bumper

I don't know if that is exactly what they are called but I have seen it on here and at sema pictures. Was wondering if anybody could tell me where to get one
Old 12-23-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

off the top of my head, poison spider has one (although it might not be for the jk) and genright has one, although its a tire carrier only, not a bumper
Old 12-23-2011, 09:52 AM
JK Freak

Anybody own these?
Old 12-23-2011, 10:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Evo makes one too. I think they are definitely meant more for carrying a tire while having some protection around the rear of the vehicle.

I like the Evo and the gen right, and will hopefully get one or the other.

Evo might have some pics of there's on the site, I know there were pics in the sema thread.
Old 12-23-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Freak

So it doesn't replace the rear bumper. I like the look of them for carrying a tire just wonder some reviews on it and all that
Old 12-23-2011, 10:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sneck
off the top of my head, poison spider has one (although it might not be for the jk) and genright has one, although its a tire carrier only, not a bumper
genright makes great stuff
Old 12-23-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Man did not know they were that expensive. That's two bumpers you have to buy. That will take alot of saving.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Super Freak

I see you're from Springfield. I'd go talk to Kevin over at 4 Wheelers Supply on Chestnut Expressway. He's built some sick Jeeps and can help. And although Poison Spyder never released their rear JK stinger, he modified a TJ one to go on a JK.

Other than that, like people have said, Genright is probably your only other option. I don't think Evo released their rear stinger yet either. (at least, it's not on their website)
Old 12-23-2011, 05:45 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
I see you're from Springfield. I'd go talk to Kevin over at 4 Wheelers Supply on Chestnut Expressway. He's built some sick Jeeps and can help. And although Poison Spyder never released their rear JK stinger, he modified a TJ one to go on a JK.

Other than that, like people have said, Genright is probably your only other option. I don't think Evo released their rear stinger yet either. (at least, it's not on their website)
Thanks. For the news. I will prolly run by there after the holidays.
Old 12-23-2011, 06:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something to think about is to consider how it attaches to the rear tub. I can't remember if any of the manufactured ones swing to the side, and if they do, how it is attached to the tub. When I was designing my rear bumper, I thought hard about a rear stinger. I came to the conclusion that opening up the rear gate could become a chore every time I wanted to access the cargo area, particularly if towing my jeep trailer, therefore I went with a swing away style.

It may work great for individual needs, just not ideal for my own use.

Regards,

Walker

Quick Reply: Stinger rear bumper