Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Still having death wobble issues.... Help

Old 09-26-2010, 08:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JKU Rubicon
Why don't you put the jack under the diff.? It's faster
it doesn't even jack up evenly, so i doubt its faster.

well, when i did it, i found it easiest to have to jacks underneath the axles for bigger droop. when i adjusted my track bar, the holes did not line up, so i couldn't have put something under the diff to get the holes lined up.

for the holes on the trackbar to line up with the frame mount, one side of the axle, depending on if i had to extend the trackbar or retrack they easiest way was doing it with two jacks underneath both axles.

Last edited by Pluke the 2; 09-26-2010 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bwest99svt
Im going to order a new one today... Did you get everything installed last weekend ?
Yeah, I got everything on. I still have a few details to take care of like trimming the Rubi rails and extended brake lines, but it is streetable.

Originally Posted by Bwest99svt
Is this the track bar you guys are talking about ?

http://www.northridge4x4.com/proddet...rod=JKS-OGS121

Is there any tricks to installing a new track bar or is it something a shop should do ?

Im no mechanic but I can mess with small stuff

I should also mention that I never had DW until after I replaced the shocks, I dont know if that would matter though
Yes, like Pluke said, that is it. I installed mine with the Jeep on the floor. The longest part is taking measurements to make sure your axle is centered, but it still only took 20-30 mins start to finish. You'll need a 21mm socket & wrench and a torque wrench that goes up to 125 ft/lbs. You'll also need an adjustable wrench that opens up to at least 1 7/16" to tighten the jam nut once you have the length adjusted and some anti seize. It's a little easier if you have another person handy to push on the body to move it in the direction it needs to go to center the axle, but it is easily done by yourself laying under the Jeep. Or, you can use a ratchet strap to pull it over where it needs to be. The Supplied intructions from JKS are very good.

Also, you'll most likely need to center your steering wheel after you install it if you still have the stock track bar without a relocation bracket. That's no big deal either. It takes a 15mm wrench and about 10 mins of your time.

Here's instructions on how to center your steering wheel. There's also a section on centering the axle when installing an aftermarket track bar in the same article.
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...-end-alignment

Old 09-26-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by planman
The easy way to do the trackbar with no jacks and with the tires on the ground is to have a helper turn the steering either right or left until the holes line up.

Because the resistance to the steering system is when it pushes or pulls against the trackbar, this method is the easiest and makes changing out or adjusting the front trackbar a 15 minute job.

For the rear, the 15 minute approach to the job is to use a ratchet strap between the frame on one side and the lower shock mount or an axle bracket on the other side.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Another easy way I found to do the rear was to lay under it with my feet in the diretcion the body needed to move. Then, I could just put my feet inside the corner of the bumper and push on it with my legs while putting the track bar in place.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Have you had any luck getting it sorted out yet?
Old 10-05-2010, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdubb75
Have you had any luck getting it sorted out yet?
Not yet but I just got my new track bar today

Quick Reply: Still having death wobble issues.... Help