Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stiff ride fix? Pro Comp 2.5 inch lift

Old 03-27-2011, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i call it PRO JUNK thats what it is, Go wwiyh tera flex or full traction 2 great lifts
Old 03-28-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

OK so I'm coming to the conclusion that the main problem with the pro comp 2.5 inch lift with es9000 shocks is...the shocks! Still stuck between bilstein and OME.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Technically speaking your coils will make the most difference in the type of ride you can expect. Not that different shock can't make your ride abit better. But the type if coil you run is prolly 70-80 percent of how it's gonna ride/flex etc. Do what u want, but alot of peeps on here have changed out there procomp lifts/coils for something better over the past few years I've been on here.
Old 03-28-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mwiggs2017
OK so I'm coming to the conclusion that the main problem with the pro comp 2.5 inch lift with es9000 shocks is...the shocks! Still stuck between bilstein and OME.
I've never ran them, but any shocks you can get a set of 4 at $100 can't be much better than your stock set..... Just my opinion.....
Old 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM
JK Newbie

I too have a Pro Comp lift (4 inch). Never had a problem, doesn't seem to ride particularly stiff. I realized when getting it that it was entry level, but what is it that makes it junky? Will adding new shocks make me go 'wow"?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Shocks aren't gonna fix a thing the ride is sucks with Pro Comp springs save your money and buy a better lift. Go find someone with a Teraflex or Old Man Emu then you will see how a real
lift is supposed to ride and flex. Pro Comps springs are just made to cheap, remember you get what you pay for.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Isnt procomp the same lift as mopar but rebadged or what two lifts are the same but rebadged?
Old 03-28-2011, 03:37 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the ProComp 4" but had to add many components to make it ride better. I wouldn't call it junk per se. It just lacked components you would find in a more expensive kit. After adding JKS TB (instead of using their cam bolts), adjustable LCA's, and replace the crappy shocks with Billsteins, it rides much better. The other issue with the Procomp is actual lift height. It is at or just under the 4" vs. a 4" Teraflex with over 5" of actual lift. The one piece of the kit I was impressed with and still am is the rear track bar relocation bracket. It is super beefy and strengthens the weak stock TB bracket at the axle. Now that I have built around my PC lift to make it better, all I really need to do is replace the coils down the road and there won't be much left of the original PC lift other than bumpstops and rear TB bracket. Instead of adding components one at a time, I could have just gone with a TF lift and been done with it. You do get what you pay for though.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mkd1993
Isnt procomp the same lift as mopar but rebadged or what two lifts are the same but rebadged?
Mopar has rebadged Superlift and Rubicon Express( now defunct) lifts

Quick Reply: Stiff ride fix? Pro Comp 2.5 inch lift