Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Stiff ride..

Old 09-17-2009, 04:51 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Although I concur with the shock comments, but I would also check your caster as your feedback on the stiffness and pogoing is from the steering wheel. With 3/4" spacers you probably want to be between +4.5-5 degrees. Too much positive caster and the front end will feel stiff and too little the front end will feel loose.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok so the consensus is that these springs wont make a difference.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was it after the Rubicon springs were added that you noticed the rough ride? Maybe the springs are seated incorrectly.

Look underneath for any kind of contact points where some of your new components may not be clearing the stock. Hitting steel on steel would cause a sever jarring feel when running over bumps.

Another thing you could do is recruit a few friends and have them all jump up and down on the front bumper to see if anything is making contact with anything else underneath.

I am just tossing stuff out there. More than likely I have no idea what I am talking about.

Quick Reply: Stiff ride..