Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sticker removal, without damage to pain.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Sticker removal, without damage to pain.

How do you scrape off the SPORT sticker from the side of my Jeep without scraping the paint?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-20-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Super easy actually =] All you need is a hair dryer and Goo-Gone (make sure you get the one in a tin can, it seems to work better)

Before you start, make sure your car is clean and washed of any dirt that make scratch it when you rub the goo-gone. Heat up the sticker for about a minute or 2 and just start peeling it away. You will see how easy it is to do so. Just keep heating each section until it melts the adhesive and peel away.

Have fun =] you can do the same thing with the dealers sticker too.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wd40 works if you don't have goo-gone.
the hairdryer also works for removing the JEEP on the grille and the Trail rated badge - you can use fishing line to "saw" behind the letters
Old 01-20-2012, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

Heat gun or hair dryer
Old 01-20-2012, 08:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just used my fingernails. A little ronsonol lighter fluid will remove the sticky stuff. Just apply a little wax afterward.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Ford
I just used my fingernails. A little ronsonol lighter fluid will remove the sticky stuff. Just apply a little wax afterward.
yes, def a good idea to wax it after
Old 01-20-2012, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

it was 45 degrees out when i took the badging off of mine. Used a heat gun or blow dryer, my finger nails, and neverdull to remove the sticky residue. Then i washed it off and but some wax over the area to protect the freshly exposed paint. For emblems i use fishing line instead of my fingernails. Have used this process on my show car so i know it works
Old 01-20-2012, 09:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just recently did mine
I asked dealer about it and they said to spray it with wd-40 and then just peel it off..
That's the method I used to do mine and it worked great
Old 01-20-2012, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

What's underneath the trail rated badge?
I thought I read somewhere that there was a hole (being the mirror of the antenna) for right hand drive jeep antennas.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:06 AM
JK Super Freak

I have never had any luck with chemicals on sticker residue. Either it doesn't cut through the residue, or I swirl the paint.

My favorite method is to take what you can of the sticker off using a heat gun or hair dryer. Then once the sticker has been removed, take it and re-apply it on the remaining glue residue, then lift it off. It'll pull up a little bit of glue each time you re-apply and lift. When just a little glue remains, simply just dab that area instead of re-applying the whole sticker. Do it repeatedly until all of the residue has been removed.

(note, this doesn't work for foam-backed molding trim - only single layer glue applications).

Quick Reply: Sticker removal, without damage to pain.