Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Sterring Stabilizer Recomendation

Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sterring Stabilizer Recomendation

I have been getting a little death wobble, and I believe it is due to a faulty steering stabilizer. I am going to buy a new one, and wandering if anybody has any recommendations. I saw a couple on quadratec, the daul ones range in price from 150 to 280, and Im wandering if the superlift one for 150 will do the job. I run the evo enforcer lift with 35 in tires. Thanks
Old 11-23-2012, 09:22 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A faulty stabilizer does not cause DW. A decent one will mask it. You have a loose or damaged component(s) in your front suspension. The problem isn't your stabilizer.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by keithvegas
A faulty stabilizer does not cause DW. A decent one will mask it. You have a loose or damaged component(s) in your front suspension. The problem isn't your stabilizer.
What he said /\ /\ /\
Old 11-23-2012, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check your front track bar and/ or ball joints .those are common culprits.
Old 11-23-2012, 03:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Most likey trackbar bolt at axle housing or ball joints. DO NOT waste your time or money on a dual SS. They get in the way, dont work, and they are the first thing you will KO on a rock. A relomkit is much better. A properly aligned JK does notmeven need a SS.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:22 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I replaced upper/lower ball joints, bolts in track bar, my Budget lift to Rock Krawler lift(new lower control arms, new rear offset, new trackbar) new Synergy Drag link, tie rod, new shocks and I still get death wobble.

I swapped out everything to no avail. So now I am going with a heavy duty Steering Stabilizer. I have nothing left to swap out that would fix it. Could be my tires. Goodyear MTR's with Kevlar side walls.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Agree on fixing

Agree on fixing the death wobble. Been there, done that. Always the track bar for me. Check every bolt with someone turning the wheel... if not, bet a mechanic can catch the problem.

Then get the Fox ATS stabilizer when fixed. Cannot recommend it high enough... probably one of the top 3 of 15+ upgrades I have on my Jeep. Worth every penny.

Good luck... I hate death wobble, but bet it's a simple fix once you find the issue. May try changing out the track bar bolts for 9/16" before you invest in (m)any new fixes.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Schlieko
Agree on fixing the death wobble. Been there, done that. Always the track bar for me. Check every bolt with someone turning the wheel... if not, bet a mechanic can catch the problem. Then get the Fox ATS stabilizer when fixed. Cannot recommend it high enough... probably one of the top 3 of 15+ upgrades I have on my Jeep. Worth every penny. Good luck... I hate death wobble, but bet it's a simple fix once you find the issue. May try changing out the track bar bolts for 9/16" before you invest in (m)any new fixes.
Agee 100% the Fox ATS is invaluable
Old 01-26-2014, 10:27 PM
Foo
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the FOX ATS from Northridge 4x4 with code: shark tank for $319. :-)

All the bolts have been replaced on the track bar with 9/16s, that was before I got all new parts. Heck I even replace my JKS lower control arms just in case. Only does death wobble if I hit the right pothole at about 45 MPH, so it's done it twice since the new lift (600 miles or so). Bump steer is pretty sever with the Rancho Steering Stabilizer I have, so I have high hopes!

Quick Reply: Sterring Stabilizer Recomendation