Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering wheel loose after a lift

Old 05-21-2021, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

I had same issue after lift, turned out to be caster. After first alignment noticing the "flighty" or light feel in the steering , took it back and ask that they put in more caster... problem went away. Resharp001 mentioned it first and it is worth rechecking caster... is caster angle at factory minimum or max'ed out ? Caster is good , however must watch pinion angle with front drive shaft misalignment.
Old 05-21-2021, 07:30 AM
Super Moderator

Received 476 Likes on 427 Posts

I have 6* of caster after my 2.5" lift and had the same issue before at about 3.5* caster. Problem gone.
Old 05-21-2021, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

I have 3.5" lift with 6.5 degrees of caster.... no worries caster is good
Old 05-21-2021, 10:31 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah i thought it to be the castor its about 6.5 or smth maybe. Like someone mentioned its just a coincidence maybe that the steering box needs to be replaced the exact time i got a lift. And also the guy who did my lift told i might feel a little different in the ride quality being soft becoz of the shocks. Its good now i dont mind it will save up for that replacement soon thanks guys!

Quick Reply: Steering wheel loose after a lift