Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering wheel feels loose/wondering

Old 10-11-2013, 05:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u read my first post replaced my u joints about a week ago the click is coming front the steering wheel
Old 10-11-2013, 07:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
If u read my first post replaced my u joints about a week ago the click is coming front the steering wheel
U check the input shaft u joints? The shaft that goes from the steering wheel to the steering box.
Old 10-12-2013, 12:35 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Crap sorry. That was added and I did quickly skim the post. Missed it I did some reading on adjusting the box last night and from what I see it's not the right thing to do. Basically a bandaid and will accelerate wear. But... If it helps and if the box is going anyways - screw it.

One post I read said to crank the tires to the left and use a pry bar between the frame and pitman arm to check for play. If you hear a "click" the box is def going.

Last edited by kjeeper10; 10-12-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:13 PM
JK Freak

Pretty sure my box is going, after this wheeling trip it started leaking

Quick Reply: Steering wheel feels loose/wondering