Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering upgrade suggestions...gnarly death wobble

Old 07-01-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bantici
Ok so I haven't experienced a full on death wobble yet but I've got a problem and looking for some advice.. 25k miles on my jku 3.5 coil lift factory shocks and steering stabilizer 35" tires and everything else stock except springs and longer sway bar linkages... At low speeds hitting big bumps causes a few seconds of a slight/moderate wobble in the steering I don't think with this low of mileage anything should be worn enough to cause the wobble but the steering stabalizer.. Any advice? I don't want to prematurely replace the stabilizer and mask a more serious issue..
Snag a grade 8 bolt package from Northridge for $44.00. Its amazing how much tighter they fit, then torque everything down.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Crampt0n
Snag a grade 8 bolt package from Northridge for $44.00. Its amazing how much tighter they fit, then torque everything down.
Will not stop your wobble. May make it wobble less but won't stop it. Find the cause, crawl Nader it and have someone turn wheel back and forth and look for parts that stop that shouldn't. Like slack in tie rods or worn track bar bushings.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

After getting my lift I felt like I was driving a '60 Cadillac when a worn rag joint. Here is what I did and it now drives like a sports car.

Replaced tie rod and ends
Synergy draglink flip
Rubicon express trac bar.

Quick Reply: Steering upgrade suggestions...gnarly death wobble