Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering upgrade reasons

Old 03-24-2024, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering upgrade reasons

I'm not great with steering. My question is that I know there are steering upgrades out there for JK steering and I am trying to determine if I need to consider something. I'm only on 35's but I push a plow in the winter.

A little back story. My power steering pump is fairly new. I hit a stump so hard last fall I bent my drag link and it took my power steering with it. I replaced it and everything was fine. However, this winter (I live in the mountains in Colorado) after a couple days of plowing my PS pump was whining and steering was hard. After adding fluid the steering is better and the whining is more... normal. I haven't seen any signs of leaks. I'm wondering if I should be taking measure to handle the extra 600lbs on the front of my jeep b/c it seems like I'm burning up fluid on a new pump.
Old 03-24-2024, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator
Veteran: National Guard

Received 405 Likes on 380 Posts

Welcome to JKF. The upgrade that the rock crawlers with 37s and larger go to PSC kits: http://www.pscmotorsports.com/all-pr...ring-kits/jeep You might check with these guys.
The following users liked this post:
mreff555 (03-25-2024)
Old 03-24-2024, 04:20 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,933 Likes on 1,692 Posts

Y, I'd say you're likely looking at hydro assist or a big bore box that is now kinda a crazy price, but more simple for some. There are a few different options out there in regard to hydro assist ranging from budget-friendly to a full system that includes new resi, venting, and new pump.

Quick Reply: Steering upgrade reasons