Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering upgrade

Old 09-16-2013, 07:55 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Lol, same question I asked before buying. Lots of people posting about running them flipped, not so many posting about stock location. No issues at all. Probably took me a 8 or 9 months between buying the drag link and buying the tie rod, then another year until I got the trackbar, then another few months before finally adding the brackets and flipping.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Running the drag link flipped is to correct the steering geometry. At the 3" height you will likely be OK in the stock position. However you do have to take notice of the relation between your drag link and track bar. This could contribute to bump steer issues.
Old 09-17-2013, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Smashboogie 4x4
Running the drag link flipped is to correct the steering geometry. At the 3" height you will likely be OK in the stock position. However you do have to take notice of the relation between your drag link and track bar. This could contribute to bump steer issues.
Good to know! I don't have very much bump steer now so I should be good! I think I'm sold on synergy
Old 09-17-2013, 05:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Cam36
Good to know! I don't have very much bump steer now so I should be good! I think I'm sold on synergy
We run the synergy drag link and tie rod. Very beefy stuff and an excellent price point. We have bounced our tie rod off of so many rocks it isn't even funny and the tie rod is still totally fine. We need to paint it here and there but that is expected.

PM us if you would like a quote on these items.

Quick Reply: Steering upgrade