Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering upgrade?

Old 02-15-2011, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd love to go with the Currie kit but $800 is a little more than my account can handle!
I guess I could just get the flipped draglink and a relo bracket for now, right?
(as well as the tapered bushing of course.)
Old 02-15-2011, 04:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
I just did the currie flip and it worked great. I already had the JKS trackbar brace on my axle and it has the high mount location for the track bar. Don't forget the tapered bushing that you will need after you drill out your mount. Northridge sells them for about $10. Off road evolution has a kit now that is a cheaper bolt on, but have not read anything about it yet. The currie drag link is a monster upgrade from the factory one.
I installed the Evo kit and it is top notch and beefy. It comes with everything (bolt on) including the taper for the knuckle. You just need the 7/8 drill bit. $299 + ship.
Old 02-21-2011, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Update:

So I ended up going down to ORE last Friday and picked up their draglink flip kit. First I have to say ity DID make the world of difference.
However, The instructions need a serious revamp in terms of whats included in the kit, the correct items in the kit and some spellcheck but more importantly, the kit interferes with the tie rod at full left turn and actually locks the steering! I had to pull out the trusty angle grinder to do a slight modding on the sway bar link extension bracket before all was said and done.
Sorry to Mel and the the guys down there but I've gotta put the feedback out there.
Don't take it the wrong way! The kit made the world of difference and has a great price point.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:06 PM
JK Freak

Default JKS trackbar installation

Finally got my adjustable JKS trackbar in along with Teraflex lower control arms..I've already got the 4" skyjacker lift on it. They're wanting to charge $550 dollars to install just those 5 things, I think I can do the install and then let them adjust the trackbar and control arms at the shop for a fair price of $ 180.00. Anyone here have any experience on installing those parts (JKS trackbar and lower control arms) and problems you cross in doing so? Every bit of info helps.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC06221.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	130262  
Old 02-22-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Do it all yourself. Plenty of install writeups (there is an index at the top of the write-ups area). For the adjustments, find the DIY Alignment writeup in the same area. It will show you how to adjust the trackbars and control arms, and how to set the toe and center the steering wheel. It may take a few tries to get it all dialed in, but that leaves you with over 7 bills to spend on more toys.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by inspect-a-home
and then let them adjust the trackbar and control arms at the shop for a fair price of $ 180.00. Anyone here have any experience on installing those parts (JKS trackbar and lower control arms) and problems you cross in doing so? Every bit of info helps.
Set our Ca's to 23" eye to eye before you install and its also very easy to center the axle yourself with the jks. Save the $180

Trackbar install and centering( different brand, works the same)

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Lower CA's, start at #12

http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Quick Reply: Steering upgrade?