Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering & suspension issue REMEDY!

Old 05-06-2013, 05:50 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well being sick of the loose clunky feel of my jeep. I have new Dana joint s and heavy duty inner tie rod end. Shocks will be here next week. Need this bad. My jeep is clunky and loose.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:45 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clunky

Originally Posted by Kojack
Well being sick of the loose clunky feel of my jeep. I have new Dana joint s and heavy duty inner tie rod end. Shocks will be here next week. Need this bad. My jeep is clunky and loose.
All the clunky and looseness totally went away with the Bilstein install. You would not believe the difference these made.
I was actually considering selling the jeep if these did not improve the ride. however it now feels better than stock.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default weird

Hard to picture shocks and steering stabilizers fixing your problem. I believe the LCA's will actually fix your problem. But hey whatever works for you. Glad to hear you have it fixed.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:15 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
Hard to picture shocks and steering stabilizers fixing your problem. I believe the LCA's will actually fix your problem. But hey whatever works for you. Glad to hear you have it fixed.
Not really. If the shocks are bad it can cause s e all kinds of ill handling issues. And don't start With ball joints and tie rods. Loose front end components can be down right dangerous.

Sent from my ARCHOS 80G9 using JK-Forum
Old 05-07-2013, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

And don't start With ball joints and tie rods. Loose front end components can be down right dangerous.

That I believe

If the shocks are bad it can causes all kinds of ill handling issues.

I struggle with that.

But like I said glad it worked out for you.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:08 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by bobbyspaghetti
And don't start With ball joints and tie rods. Loose front end components can be down right dangerous.

That I believe

If the shocks are bad it can causes all kinds of ill handling issues.

I struggle with that.

But like I said glad it worked out for you.
Don't kid yourself. Watch a car with a bad shock and watch the tire hop. Then add a big heavy tire to that hop it could be detrimental.

Quick Reply: steering & suspension issue REMEDY!