Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

is the steering stablizer really needed?

Old 03-30-2012, 01:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is the steering stablizer really needed?

I ask this because mine really isn't attached any more and it seems to steer much better and It's much easier to drive on bumpy roads.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can drive without one, but it is recommended you use one to avoid stress on the front suspension components as the steering stab tends to absorb rapid/harsh movement

If you notice a difference in steering without it, it sounds to me that it was never properly installed/adjusted correctly, or the steering stab is bad/defective

Last edited by Croce; 03-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

100% needed, no... The main purpose is to alleviate pressure on ball joints, tie rod ends (steering components)...
Old 03-30-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mines off right now due to the RK tie rod being too big for the SS bracket to fit on. Jeep is garaged until the ridiculously overpriced $95 bracket gets here midweek from RK. Death wobble big time around 30mph. Got my toe-in dead on, but my caster is out pretty bad and I don't have adjustable upper control arms... If anyone knows how to fix this please let me know via PM.

Quick Reply: is the steering stablizer really needed?