Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering stablizer

Old 11-22-2012, 05:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c17loadmaster

So what you are saying is that when you disconnect your steering stabilizer from the tie rod the shaft extends on its own? I would love to see a video of that.

Of course they are "charged". However you dont seem to understand how they work.

They are designed to protect the steering colum and sector shaft from sudden movement in each direction. They only slow the movement of the tie rod in both directions. They are designed to have equal resistance on compression and extension. They are not like a standard shock absorber. A standard shock absorber is designed to have weight on it, steering stabilizers are not.

I suggest you educate yourself a bit more, unless you love throwing inaccurate information out there.
Here u go dickweed...
http://vimeo.com/54119454
Old 11-22-2012, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol i love the video response. sure does look like it extends on its own if you ask me...but what do i know.
Old 11-22-2012, 06:42 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Maertz
lol i love the video response. sure does look like it extends on its own if you ask me...but what do i know.
Aint karma great :-) happy thanksgiving jk-forum
Old 11-22-2012, 07:34 PM
JK Super Freak

Regardless of what was said I learned some stuff from this post on how the stabilizer works and what's not supposed to happen. Im glad to know im getting a fox 2.0 stabilizer for a christmas gift. Whether it be karma or one person outsmarting the other. Thanks! It is what it is, not a pissing match on brilliance.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Whatever, pissing on brilliance is a part of what we do here!
Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes, my Belstein will do the exact same thing.....extend on its own and push the jeep to the left.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bombout800
Regardless of what was said I learned some stuff from this post on how the stabilizer works and what's not supposed to happen. Im glad to know im getting a fox 2.0 stabilizer for a christmas gift. Whether it be karma or one person outsmarting the other. Thanks! It is what it is, not a pissing match on brilliance.
Loadmaster brought out his arrogance and assumptions... Go back and read the uncalled for posts. The vid was in response to his request. This forum exists for the joy and assistance of jeeping, owners, and assistance. Its ok not to know something, thats what this is all about ... Learning... No need to jump on others for no reason, and with false information. So if someone wants tojump out like that, then i have noissue putting them back in their place a little bit.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Its_a_JK
I smashed my stock SS, replaced it with the Teraflex SS and the next day drove to Moab. First day there I smashed my Teraflex SS on the first trail............ I give up! My wife says I should open my eyes!!! I'm still running the completely destroyed Teraflex SS
You may want to consider relocating it. Jeepswag has a kit that does this as well as Poly.

Quick Reply: steering stablizer