Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering stablizer

Old 10-05-2012, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 12 Arctic Unlimited
I was told Fox Racing was onw of the top units...Got it installed...
Does it pull to the left?
Old 10-05-2012, 07:11 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbackjk
I trashed my stock steering stabilizer. What are my best options. Is fox any good i can get one for a for $60 from a friend he did not use it.
honestly, a factory 2010 or newer SS is what i would recommend. no need to spend your money on something you really don't need. but, that's just me.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ran a Fox for a while then switched to the new HD TeraFlex stabilizer, IMO the TeraFlex stabilizer worked better for me.
Old 10-05-2012, 07:54 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
I ran a Fox for a while then switched to the new HD TeraFlex stabilizer, IMO the TeraFlex stabilizer worked better for me.
Running the HD Teraflex SS right now with 35's and a 3" lift and I too have noticed a better difference over OEM and a Skyjacker I was running.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM
JK Newbie

My stock SS started leaking so I replaced it with a Bilstein and noticed it pulls to the left...
Old 10-05-2012, 10:36 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by rlwjeeppwr
My stock SS started leaking so I replaced it with a Bilstein and noticed it pulls to the left...
that's because SS like bilstein, fox or the like are gas charged.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by silverbackjk

Does it pull to the left?
Mine does not.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife

that's because SS like bilstein, fox or the like are gas charged.
My Bilstein pulls slightly as well. Note not a direct replacement. Must adjust the bottom clamp. Mine did not have any directions and I bent the clamp. When I turned. : (
Old 10-05-2012, 01:11 PM
JK Freak

Gas charged, especially the Bilstein will have a slight pull. This is a known issue... That is offset for the most part with heavier tires... If you are running 35's or larger it will all but fully eliminate the "gas charged drift"... Smaller than 35's and you will notice the pull... Usually to the driver side/center stripe. Another way to offset the effect is to run dual stabilizers... But this is usually overkill anyway.
Old 10-06-2012, 04:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by keithvegas
I had to replace the stock the third time I bashed it. Couldn't turn passenger. Borrowed a Procomp for a couple weeks and have been running the JKS for a few months. Can't tell the difference between them. I've heard of problems with gas charged, mostly Bilstens pull to the side. Does the new Fox run straight?
Steering stabilizers are not charged with pressure like shocks are. They have resistance going BOTH ways:which is why is is a steering stabilizer. If your stabilizer is charged it will try and push the tie rod to the side. I have never heard of anyone mounting a standard shock in the steering stabilizers location.....but I wouldn't put it past some. FOX will not cause your jeep to pull to one side. That situation can be from several other issues such as : trackbar not centering axle, tire pressure not equal in both front tires, bent C's, bad caster, bent tie rod, etc.

Quick Reply: steering stablizer