Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizers

Old 06-23-2011, 05:57 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by renpia
Thanks. So would it push my steering?
Well, I had a pull to the right, and now it doesn't. So, if you have no pull, it may have an affect on it.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Well, I had a pull to the right, and now it doesn't. So, if you have no pull, it may have an affect on it.
Thanks, I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. So would it push my steering?
Mine doesn't. I can let go of the wheel and there's no pull to either side.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks, I guess I'll find out tomorrow!
Good luck with it. There has been mixed reactions on it as far as pushing to the left. Some have it, some don't. I know before on mine , I had a right hand pull, after, no right hand pull, drives perfectly straight. I'm very happy with mine. Although I haven't kept track of the sizes of tires some peeps have, maybe some of the left pushers are running small tires.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:03 PM
JK Super Freak

I use the Bilstein. And it is a gas charged unit so it always is pushing out. It is not enough to really bother me. But it is there and it will be that way for all of them that use a gas charged unit.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:00 AM
JK Junkie

i was running no steering stabilizer , but decided to try the blistin stabilizer just to feel the difference .. now i do get a pull to the left.. I'm running 37" pitbulls.. drove nice and straight without it.. it did tighten up the steering alittle... but the pull bothers me, so I'm gonna take it off , i do see why it would pull... if you have everything dialed in and running nice and straight without the blistin stabilizer.. it pushes out pretty hard and makes your rig pull to the left.. i guess you could adjust you jeep to pull to the right alittle without it and then when you add the blistin it would drive straight

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizers