Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizers

Old 06-19-2011, 05:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ive gone through 2 TF ss's. 1 was on stock suspension with stock wheels and the other was with 3.5RK and 35's. So either way you slice it they are garbage. Ordering the bilstein ss as I type this.
Old 06-19-2011, 05:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by orfanidisnikolaos
i bought an OME SS and it had dead spots in the travel.... i still run my stock SS with 30000 miles on it, but i will eventually upgrade to the RC double SS....
Why would you run a dual SS setup? The JK doesn't even need a SS at all if properly torqued, let alone two.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Merlin4979
Why would you run a dual SS setup? The JK doesn't even need a SS at all if properly torqued, let alone two.
i see your point... i've heard that before. So is it worth it to upgrade to a heavy duty SS or not?
Old 06-19-2011, 06:11 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by orfanidisnikolaos
i see your point... i've heard that before. So is it worth it to upgrade to a heavy duty SS or not?
probably notl.....but it looks badass
Old 06-19-2011, 06:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
probably notl.....but it looks badass
Old 06-23-2011, 05:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regarding TF stabilizer, I got one and had it on for only a few months and it is garbage. At full turn, it got pressed against the bracket and it put a tiny dent in it where all the fluid leaked out. The stock one got dented and it still holds fluids and works fine. Seems the tube wall is pretty weak for an off-road damper.

So I just got the Billstein because of this thread. One thing though, is it supposed to push out like a shock?? Wouldn't this push the the steering towards the left? The stock or TF one did not push out like this. Just curious if this is normal.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by renpia
Regarding TF stabilizer, I got one and had it on for only a few months and it is garbage. At full turn, it got pressed against the bracket and it put a tiny dent in it where all the fluid leaked out. The stock one got dented and it still holds fluids and works fine. Seems the tube wall is pretty weak for an off-road damper.

So I just got the Billstein because of this thread. One thing though, is it supposed to push out like a shock?? Wouldn't this push the the steering towards the left? The stock or TF one did not push out like this. Just curious if this is normal.
The bilstein pushes out cause its gas charged.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by renpia

I just installed a TF SS with the woods relocation kit, and the TF seems like it does pushout like a shock as well?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mkjeep
The bilstein pushes out cause its gas charged.
Thanks. So would it push my steering?
Old 06-23-2011, 05:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bosox5
I just installed a TF SS with the woods relocation kit, and the TF seems like it does pushout like a shock as well?
Hmmm, mine didn't. I remember pushing it in and out and it did not push out like the Billstein.

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizers