Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering stabilizer suggestions

Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Northridge is about as top notch as you can get. If I could get everything that I wanted for my JK, I would buy it all from them. Nothing but courteous and promt service, don't know what's up with the monte guy.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TeraFlex
cough TERAFLEX cough
B:

If you're still hunting for that steering stabilizer...I have to echo Joe's sentiments, and agree that the Teraflex unit is TOP NOTCH. I bought the unit to complement my Teraflex 4" kit...superb handling. The item was $39.99 from Quadratec, and it bolted up super easy...well, it LOOKED pretty easy...am I right Eddie???

In any case, you won't be disappointed with Teraflex's products OR their customer service. I lost the bottom part of my passenger side swaybar disconnect...and Joe had a replacement pin and necessary hardware out to me "lickety split don't have a fit"...as Flash would say. FREE OF CHARGE, too!!! Thanks again for that, Joe.

My bad...I rambled off the beaten path a little bit...in any case...Teraflex stabilizer...superb unit, great price.

Russ D.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:02 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by montejeep01
get it from the manufactuer what ever you do. i didnt and ended up throwing in trash then went to local shop. stay away from the fly by night online stores (northridge)
That is an idiotic comment and a slur on a reputable outfit. So far I have bought AEV wheels, Warn PP winch, Rockhard front bumper, rocker guards, rear bumper and tire carrier, ORE C2 gussets, and a Hypertech speedo calibrator and they have been a pleasure to deal with. In addition to having great prices and free shipping.

It sounds like YOU have a problem.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by wayoflife
'fly by night online stores'? i see that your incessant attacks on this vendor have now escalated to the point of being baseless and slanderous. if you continue to troll this vendor in this manner, you will be asked to leave this forum.
way to go. dont ask me for the my opinion. with the full documentation that i have stick up for sponsers. whats up does this guy swallow for you?
Old 07-11-2008, 01:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

way to go. dont ask me for the my opinion. with the full documentation that i have stick up for sponsers. whats up does this guy swallow for you?

Trolling of Sponsors and Fourum administrators will not be tolerated.

~See FAQ.

Goodbye.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Mature comment...

How old are you? Six?
Old 07-11-2008, 02:56 AM
Eternal ***erator

Originally Posted by Davidengbe
Mature comment...

How old are you? Six?

He cant answer you, montejeep01 is no longer an active member of this forum.

Lets move on to something else now please.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is my understanding that the stock steering stabilizer is more than sufficient for tires up to about 35's

If there are vibrations oscillations, or wobbles in the front end, there are issues that need to be addressed IE loose bent or broken bolts, incorrect torque settings, out of balance tires, bent rims, etc.

I am not saying that adding an aftermarket steering stabilizer is necessarily a bad thing, and it will in some cases stop you from feeling them, but all it does is mask the problem, not solve it. Like taking an aspirin for appendicitis, sure it makes the pain lessen, but you still have appendicitis, and it needs to be treated, not covered up.

The vibration/wobble problem still exists and it will eventually cause stabilizer failure, or other component wear/failure.

~That is how it was explained to me anyhow.
Old 07-11-2008, 03:41 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by SMP_70
So... basically it just moves the unit up out of harms way?
Yes. But it doesn't work with all after-market stabilizers (there's less clearance, so you need a fairly small diameter one). There are other threads about this that recommend particular brands. And yesterday I read where one person says the relocation kit reduces the effectiveness of the stock stabilizer because of the changed angle. I'm not sure what changed angle he's talking about--I've noticed no such change in angle or performance with my install, but perhaps it's more subtle than I'm looking for.
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey guys thanks for the kind words and support. Those who have dealt with us know what we are all about.

This will be the last time I comment about this guy by the way.

Customer ordered a Superlift stabilizer and it came with the wrong bushings. I called Superlift the same day and had them ship put new ones which they did and supposedly they sent the wrong ones again. I asked for pictures of the wrong ones so I could prove to superlift they were wrong and I never reiceved them. What I did get was numerous post on this board telling people that we suck and to stay away from us.

Again Everybody who knows us knows that I will do anything to solve a problem no matter how big or small. Our #1 goal is to satisfy the customer. I know this sounds strange but I would rather have 100% customer satisfaction and be broke then have anything less than %100 satisfaction. We will take care of your problem but you need to realize we can not do it without your help. Cooperation is needed to get the info we need to get the MFG to help us out if the problem is with them. IF you dont want to help and want to just be mad there is not much we can do for you .

PICK UP THE PHONE call us and you will be taken care of. As much as I love this forum this is not the place for us to find out about problems you are having with products we sent you.

Have a great weekend.

David Johnson
Northridge4x4
Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by mikeyfl
so could you get an after market stabilizer and the woods relocation kit?
Thats what I did last weekend, great kit from Woods, even called Brett on the weekend with a question and the kids in the background must have been jumping all over him, great customer service and great stuff. I bought a SkyJacker Hydro SS, works great.

Quick Reply: steering stabilizer suggestions