Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Stabilizer relocation options

Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Steering Stabilizer relocation options

Whats the cheapest and most effective way of doing so? Seems after banging mine up this weekend, its time to relocate it up a bit higher, to save me from buying shock all the time.

I understand these things are just dampers and some do not even run them. So thats why I was going to just buy another OEM one, but started looking a little more into these relocation brackets. I know there are a couple options, but I don't really want to spend a ton of money if theres something else that is just as effective. The reason why I don't want to spend a ton of money on this, is due to me upgrading to dana 60s in the future.

The cheapest I found was the Rough Country relocation bracket and shock for $59.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW9B93ZxWmo#t=28

Dominion Off Road $99

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK HD Steering Stabilizer/Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit Combo Deal | JeepSWAG

Synergy $95 not including the shock

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Jeep JK :: Synergy Jeep JK Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Steering :: Synergy Jeep JK Fox Steering Stabilizer Tie Rod Clamp

What has everyone else done and worked for them?
Old 03-18-2015, 01:54 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by mhockey9090
Whats the cheapest and most effective way of doing so?

Dominion Off Road $99

Dominion OffRoad Jeep JK HD Steering Stabilizer/Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit Combo Deal | JeepSWAG ...
It rather looks like you've answered your own question. That is, if by "most effective" you mean one that does the job that in a properly set up rig really doesn't need doing at all, LOL. Regardless, Brett (Dominion Off-road) will never be the cheapest option. He uses only the best quality materials for every single one of his products. His relocation kit (not including the SS itself) is all stainless steel. Cheap it ain't. Very high quality it is. Also, he's the guy who invented the thing in the first place--everyone else just copied. And he's an original forum sponsor. Used to hang around here a lot getting ideas for new products, but I think business keeps him pretty busy. Super customer service, too.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

I went with the Dominion, just the bracket...reused my original SS. No regrets, as Mark said it's top notch and as a bonus adds a little beef to the tracbar bracket.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought the rough country relocation bracket, not the stabilizer. I think it was $30, then you can upgrade your stabilizer if you want of just keep buying stock ones. But it puts the ss up higher and protects it, which is what I was going for.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like the dominion relocation bracket, but also the synergy tie rod clamp is really nice. A lot better looking. But what about function?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
It rather looks like you've answered your own question. That is, if by "most effective" you mean one that does the job that in a properly set up rig really doesn't need doing at all, LOL. Regardless, Brett (Dominion Off-road) will never be the cheapest option. He uses only the best quality materials for every single one of his products. His relocation kit (not including the SS itself) is all stainless steel. Cheap it ain't. Very high quality it is. Also, he's the guy who invented the thing in the first place--everyone else just copied. And he's an original forum sponsor. Used to hang around here a lot getting ideas for new products, but I think business keeps him pretty busy. Super customer service, too.
Yeah I hear you with the stainless steel and using good products. I wish I could say my suspension is all dialed in, but theres some adjusting that still needs to be done, and I think my ball joints are shot after this weekend too. The only issue I see with this kit, is that I still need to buy something that connects the SS to the tie rod, can't tell in the parts description.

Originally Posted by lowendrider
I went with the Dominion, just the bracket...reused my original SS. No regrets, as Mark said it's top notch and as a bonus adds a little beef to the tracbar bracket.
Did it come with the tie rod bracket as well ?

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
I just bought the rough country relocation bracket, not the stabilizer. I think it was $30, then you can upgrade your stabilizer if you want of just keep buying stock ones. But it puts the ss up higher and protects it, which is what I was going for.
Any issues when off roading ?

Originally Posted by 2012JWSU
I like the dominion relocation bracket, but also the synergy tie rod clamp is really nice. A lot better looking. But what about function?
Of course, function is a priority in all of this, which is what I kind of meant by effective, sorry. The synergy is nice, but im spending almost a $100 without a shock.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Yeah I hear you with the stainless steel and using good products. I wish I could say my suspension is all dialed in, but theres some adjusting that still needs to be done, and I think my ball joints are shot after this weekend too. The only issue I see with this kit, is that I still need to buy something that connects the SS to the tie rod, can't tell in the parts description. ....
When I still had the stock tie rod, I just used the bracket that came with the tie for from the factory. The relocation is on the axle side, usually. That is, later on I did relocate the other end of mine to the drag link--so it now runs between the axle and drag link--and I did that with the bracket that comes with the Currie CurrectLink rod kit. Shouldn't be an issue for you unless you're not running OEM tie rod.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:31 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
When I still had the stock tie rod, I just used the bracket that came with the tie for from the factory. The relocation is on the axle side, usually. That is, later on I did relocate the other end of mine to the drag link--so it now runs between the axle and drag link--and I did that with the bracket that comes with the Currie CurrectLink rod kit. Shouldn't be an issue for you unless you're not running OEM tie rod.
Yeah I still have the stock tie rod. Maybe I can just flip it 90 degrees like rough country does and have it still work with their bracket.
Old 03-18-2015, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah I still have the stock tie rod. Maybe I can just flip it 90 degrees like rough country does and have it still work with their bracket.
That is why I went with the RC. It is just the single simple bracket and then you rotate the stock clamp. As for your question earlier, I haven't installed it yet. Waiting on my RK coils to come in and do it all at once. But I will take pics of everything before and after and let everyone know.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rubi-josh
That is why I went with the RC. It is just the single simple bracket and then you rotate the stock clamp. As for your question earlier, I haven't installed it yet. Waiting on my RK coils to come in and do it all at once. But I will take pics of everything before and after and let everyone know.
Ok cool, thanks. It doesnt seem as if it would have any issues, but then again, I don't have it on mine.

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer relocation options