Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizer pro comp rancho?

Old 11-07-2012, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering stabilizer pro comp rancho?

So after I double check my Alignment I want to pick up a stabilizer in town and for price point either rancho or pro comp both a pinch over 60$. I don't have DW and maybe bump steer but its limited so I really feel its more of a jeep thing. Highway is smooth selling and adjust the steering wheel after like 5 7 seconds. But in crappy parking lots speeds bumps and bad county roads steering wheel shimmy not throwing me off the road just slight wiggle.
Old 11-07-2012, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

I do plan checking ball joints but when I replaced my stock shocks they were shot so figured replaced the stabilizer. I did see a vid that shows how u don't need a stabilizer and he was driving roads with pot holes and he said see its driving fine. It was but his steering wheel was shaking like mine. I think it's in my head somewhat chasing small problems cuz the jeep doesn't drive like a sports car or a Hyundai Tucson lol don't judge me. Anyways pro comp or rancho? I wanna install this weekend so ordering is not an option. Had to post twice iphone app on the fritz
Old 11-07-2012, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

I have a procomp and it works fine. An oil filled stabilizer will be the same no matter who 's name is on it.

I would check your front trackbar bolts and make sure they are tight. Also check the upper frame mount bolt holes to see if they are wallowed out.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'll add it on my check list thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

What ever brand you go with, see if you can swing the extra for a "high steer" option to tuck it up and out of harms way.

Old 11-07-2012, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

Seems like a couple of places have more of a rancho selection.
I'll check it out thanks

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer pro comp rancho?