Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizer install question

Old 05-18-2021, 06:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 119 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by resharp001
Been a long time since I shopped TR's. I must just have the numbers mixed up in my head. 1 3/8" sounds so wimpy.
Haha, yea... it is and that’s why I bent mine. Metalcloak was super awesome and sent me a new tie rod free of charge.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I would do it right. It's very easy to sheer off a SS offroad. Vibrations are my worst enemy. I can break a SS just on washboard roads if not installed correctly. That is one area that will get a ton of abuse.
Old 05-20-2021, 12:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for advise. I sent it back and now waiting for replacement. It is on backorder now again, and teraflex told me it could be 20-25 weeks which is insane

What would be a recommendation for steering stabilizer to get?
I am not planning to do heavy off-road, but I just want to install it once, but not go too crazy like having it adjustable.

I was looking like Fox TS 2.0 or Falcon EF 2.1 they both in a same price range and both on backorder. The Fox one is on backorder since last September.
Old 05-20-2021, 04:13 PM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,690 Posts

What you're really looking for in a steering stabilizer is equal resistance compressing and expanding. This is where a lot, not all, gas-charged units get a bit off. The Teraflex 9550 vss isn't a terrible unit that only costs $55-60.

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer install question