Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Stabilizer Bolt Size???

Old 05-01-2012, 09:21 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Stabilizer Bolt Size???

OK, so I recently replaced my tie rod (among other things) and upgraded to the Currie Currectlync Steering System. With this came a new bracket and u-bolts to mount my stock steering stabilizer. When I installed this (a few weeks ago) the new bracket did not come with a bolt to attach the steering stabilizer and I could not get the stock one off the stock mounting bracket, so I purchased a new one. Well it turns out I purchased the wrong size and I'm getting movement of the bolt in the bracket and play, up and down. Does anyone know what size this bolt is or should be? I need to pick one up, assuming Grade 8, ___ x ____ with bolt size?

Thanks for the help.

side note, if this doesn't stop the clicking I'm getting in my steering wheel when I wobble it back and forth, I'll be back on here asking what that is....
Old 05-01-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can anyone give me a measurement?
Old 05-01-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

May not be the same for all stabilizers but my rough country was a 1/2in x 2 1/2 in bolt and only threaded down half the shaft. Hope this helps....

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer Bolt Size???