Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizer

Old 02-22-2015, 03:31 AM
Former Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
I would give it a taste test... It should taste a bit like olive oil. If its a bit salty, then your SS is fine.
You taste it...No you taste it. HONEY come on out side..does this taste like cat piss to you
The reason I'm going with Fluffy's piss being the problem is that I've got 2 different neighbor's cats that don't stay at home to relieve themselves. Now that said is there any critter prints in the snow?
For that much of a stain if the shock is leaking you'll easily find an oil drip at the polished rod entry point to the body. Brown paper from a bag is great for detecting oils. Leaves a nice dark mark unlike water or Fluffy's drain port.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:02 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redridge
I would give it a taste test... It should taste a bit like olive oil. If its a bit salty, then your SS is fine.
Hmmm....didn't taste too bad- gotta try again
Old 02-22-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Jedi
FJOTM Winner

Received 366 Likes on 290 Posts

looks like coolant to me. If you are leaking that bad at a steering stabilizer there will be an oily residue on the stabilizer body where the shaft comes out.

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer