Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering stabilizer

Old 02-15-2012, 07:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering stabilizer

Any recommendations for a good steering stabilizer?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:00 AM
JK Junkie

The stock steering stabelizer on the JK's are very good, are you against them for any reason? If not, I have mine that I took off when I put my new lift on and would sell it if you are inrerested. I'm in Jersey too, so you can pick it up or if you are too far but really interested, we can set up shipping...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:03 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the offer, but I actually just lifted my Rubi last week OME 2" lift kit and I want to put on 33's so I figured a new steering stabilizer in replace of my stock one.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:04 AM
JK Newbie

Would i need a new steering stabilizer when running 33's?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 AM
JK Junkie

No, which is why I suggested the stock one. You should be fine with that amount of lift and your stock SS as they are good quality, no need to go out and buy one. Many people run out and get one because they want the "different color" as supposed to the black or they want the metal bar/tube to be exposed. Just cut the plastic shell if you want and/or spray paint it another color if anything....follow me my brotha?

Only reason I have a new one is because it came with my lift kit. Other than that, if it didn't i'd still be running and be fine with it.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:14 AM
JK Newbie

nice man.. thank alot for the info.. you just saved me some money...I have another important question that I cant find a definite answer to, what the max size tires you can run on a stock 17 inch rim?
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 AM
JK Junkie

Depends on the brand of tire if they carry them in a 17" wheel, but essentially any size. Just keep in mind, the bigger size you go with a tire on a 17" wheel, the more pricey they get. Sounds like common sense, but what im trying to say is if you look at a 37" tire on a 15" wheel as supposed to a 17" or 18" there is a big difference.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC
Depends on the brand of tire if they carry them in a 17" wheel, but essentially any size. Just keep in mind, the bigger size you go with a tire on a 17" wheel, the more pricey they get. Sounds like common sense, but what im trying to say is if you look at a 37" tire on a 15" wheel as supposed to a 17" or 18" there is a big difference.

He is corect with wheel size. Biggest mistake I have made is putting 18" wheels. My tires are $500 each versus $300 - $350 with 17" wheels. And now they don't make my tires anymore and I need three. I have to buy wheels and tires...
Old 02-15-2012, 08:26 AM
JK Newbie

o ok that's good to know
Old 02-15-2012, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

If your suspension is set up correctly you technically don't even need the stabilizer. So like stated earlier, the stock one is fine.

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer