Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Stabilizer

Old 12-06-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i noticed a bit of the "bump steering"... granted... i think it depends on the quality of rubber you stick on your rig... b/c i picked up 5 no namers for a great deal 285/65R16... (450 installed)

i also think my stock stabilizer is bent... so i guess any well known aftermarket with be good to go??
Old 12-06-2007, 12:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post Tie rod

Rock Krawler has a drag link and tie rod available and they come use 3/4 ton tie rod ends. I have not seen it up close. My local dealer has it on his JK so I plan to take a look at up close it in the near future.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:34 PM
JK Newbie

Default Guess you never rode over PA roads!!!

Guess you never rode on PA Roads

WORST ROADS
1. Arkansas
2. Louisiana
3. Michigan
4. Pennsylvania
5. Illinois

BEST ROADS
1. Texas
2. Florida
3. Tennessee
4. Georgia
5. Nebraska

When I went to camp jeep only then did I realize the trackbar was a bit lose those roads where like glass compared to PA. In PA the roads are so bad I just couldn't tell. The Jeep was never "smooth" long enough to feel the harmonic imbalance. You get up to 70 and at that speed you hit real bumps & ruts every 5-10 seconds.

If you Don't have a large steering stabilizer in PA you will wish you did! when I make adjustments it's tough to tell if it's the road causing the "problem" or the adjustment you just don't have enough "room" to "feel" it out.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Zak
I am looking into replacing my steering stabilizer but not sure which one to get
Superlift Superride
Skyjacker Heavy Duty

Rancho ?? do you have the exact part number Quadratec are selling as universal not for JK also from what i know is there as clearence issue any the stock one is pretty thin compared to aftermarkets one >>>>>>>>>
Yep, our steering stabilizer unit is RS5407. The bracket kit that you will need to install it is RS5510. Just order both and its simple to install.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancho
Yep, our steering stabilizer unit is RS5407. The bracket kit that you will need to install it is RS5510. Just order both and its simple to install.
I put the part numbers on Quadratecs site and it can not find them Found RS5510 but shows no pic or anything just price. http://www.quadratec.com/products/16028_900.htm
Old 10-15-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Where can you buy the Superlift SS stabilizer? Does it come with the bracket to attach to the axel?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rancho
Thanks for posting this I just purshased the steering stabilizer from 4wd.com but they did not say I also needed the brackdet. On the Quadrtech site it does give you the option of adding it.

Chris Miramontes
Old 10-29-2011, 09:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by fishit
On another thread someone recommended a beefier steering stabilizer. I didn't want to highjack the thread since it was only a side note. What is a steering stabilizer? What are the benefits?

Thanks
Your avatar of Janet Reno really creeps me out!
Old 10-29-2011, 01:47 PM
JK Newbie

I agree with everyone. Beefier stabilizer for bigger tires is definitely the way to go. I am running the Skyjacker Dual Kit. It's great. Relocates the stabilizers to the top of the steering linkage and definitely stiffens the steering. Easily installed and reasonably priced. Quadratec offers it. Check it out.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've ran the TF 9550 SS and was very happy with it ($62), but bent the crap out of it (kept me from falling in a 3' hole). I have now switched to a bilstein HD because it has a much smaller housing and better tucked away ($90)...

Quick Reply: Steering Stabilizer