Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

steering shimmy

Old 11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steering shimmy

what will tighten up the handling of my 2dr?i have just under 4in of lift on 35s. i dont get death wobble but when i hit a pot hole or uneven pavement while turning, my wheels jerk back and forth a couple of times and then stop. would replacing the drag link and tie rod do anything? trackbar?
Old 11-26-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Lots of threads on this. Tires/wheels balance and alignment, tighten anything loose, check ball joints etc.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor

Have you found your issue? Do you need any assistants with the method of checking each item for looseness?

Feel free to e-mail me if you have any additional questions on how to correct your problem. I will be more than happy to assist you in any way possible.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 PM
JK Freak

Centering your front axle with the help of an adjustable track bar will help, if you haven't done that already. Then I would check steering components for wear, mainly ball joints and all the tie rod ends. There is lots of info on how to do that.

Quick Reply: steering shimmy