Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering question??

Old 12-27-2013, 05:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering question??

Recently scooped up my JKUR and I only have one concern. I have zero bump steer or DW. It feels a little flighty when driving. I have some play in the steering also. I have RK adj control arms (8). Adj track bars to. Front end components feel solid. Any ideas what could be makin it feel a little flighty? Ball joints, steering box??? Gonna jack it up n the morning and see if there is any play in the wheels. I did notice my steering gear box has a little oil on the bottom
Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Forgot to mention my steering wheel is at about the 1 OClock position
Old 12-27-2013, 07:08 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Post your alignment specs, sounds like low caster. Re-centering the steering wheel takes all of 5 minutes with a wrench, just loosen the two bolts on the drag link and twist the turnbuckle.

And up in the writeups area, click the Index stickied at the top, then scroll down to suspension and steering and open the DIY alignment writeup.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea feeling like a dumb ass right now. Took my JKUR in today for an alignment and only thing it needed was the pitman are tightened. That was the reason it was flighty. I can't believe I didn't evec check that.
Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's ok. I once found a rattle after exhaust change. It was my socket wrench!

Sent using smoke signals

Quick Reply: Steering question??