Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering problems PLEASE HELP!!

Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a problem with the Teraflex Design. The design simply does not work. I have the same problem. You cannot move your track bar mounting point on the frame side without using a dropped pitman arm, yet for some reason they did.

Does not matter how parallel you make them, it still will not work. It might be better, but still wrong. The track bar and the drag link MUST be mounted at the same height.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

that's good to know Zip. i've really been thinking about ditching that part of the TF kit and getting the axle mounted bracket anyway.
Old 10-29-2009, 08:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well That just sucks!!! I've got alot of money invested and I just want it right. If there is something else I can buy to improve or fix I am willing to do so!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

hey Monty, what kind of axle mounted bracket you talkin about????
Old 10-29-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Freak

if you check tera's site they show a track bar drop bracket with the flip kit. i don't know if that is some kind of package deal or something they recently started or what. you may want to try to contact teraflex and let them know that you installed the drag link flip but no track bar relo. they'll be able to tell you exactly what part you need. i think it might need to be welded tho
Old 10-29-2009, 08:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Oh I have all of that. I think I got everything you can possibly get for this crazy thing!!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

AEV has the high steer tracbar bracket for the axle. i'm thinkin of getting a different one but that will give you an idea of what i'm talking about. as for the TF kit, it comes with both the tracbar relocate bracket (frame side) and the flipped drag link to mount on top of the knuckle. no additional parts needed as far as i know.

http://northridge4x4.com/proddetail....0405AA&cat=273
Old 10-29-2009, 08:33 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you getting vibes in the steering over bumps or is it just the steering wheel moving?
Old 10-29-2009, 08:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

NO vibrations, just steering wheel moves and jeep kinda wanders with it. Also like I said, I can bounce on front bumper and watch the steering wheel go back and forth. That doesn't seem normal to me.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:21 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by PeeJ_Zip
This is a problem with the Teraflex Design. The design simply does not work. I have the same problem. You cannot move your track bar mounting point on the frame side without using a dropped pitman arm, yet for some reason they did.

Does not matter how parallel you make them, it still will not work. It might be better, but still wrong. The track bar and the drag link MUST be mounted at the same height.
I have watched this go on for awhile.... I do have the flip kit from TeraFlex. I installed it with my lift and never once had a issue or a problem. THE DESIGN DOES WORK. 12000 miles hard off road and hwy driving later and the lift and all its componets f-n rock. All of you have seperate issues you created yourself and need to find them and then correct them. Just dont bash a products because you have missed or left something go. Get your act together fix it and stop trying to blame everyone but the one putting it in. The product is tried and true, They cannot be responsable for faulty installs.

Quick Reply: Steering problems PLEASE HELP!!