Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering problems

Old 07-16-2013, 07:45 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering problems

Hey, just put a lift on 3.5 rock max travel, running at 285/75r17 in tire. My steering feels loose, I did a new tire rod, hd drag link flip, track bars. And have a heavy duty fox steering stalizer, but my jeep still wonders all over the road and pulls one way then the other. Also just did you joints. Still have the oem ball joints. But when I took it for alignment they said everything was ok. Any thoughts?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

did the shop provide you with a caster read out?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:51 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, post the alignment specs. And did you add a rear trackbar bracket when you flipped the front?
Old 07-16-2013, 07:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The wandering feeling is most likely due to the negative caster you now have because of your lift. If your lift came with adjustable front control arms you can increase your caster and decrease the flightiness you feel. If your steering feels loose, this is a different issue, and you may have a loose bolt somewhere in steering linkage. I would re-torque all the bolts in front suspension.

Quick Reply: Steering problems