Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Linkage Upgrade

Old 12-26-2017, 01:11 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tjkamp
I've had the synergy drag link and track bar for about a year. They are great. I liked them so much that I added their tie rod and front lower control arms this week.

They are great products and super beefy. The tilt, or rolling, that you may read about with the synergy pieces has to do with tie rod miss-alignment. It is super easy to adjust, if you happen to end up the a tie rod and drag link that touch, and the more misalignment you have in your drag link and tie rod, the less binding you have in the TREs of the components, and the better off you are.

I am extremely happy with my synergy components.

Happy Jeeping!
Solid feedback, thanks for the input I appreciate it. Synergy is definitely in the running still.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:13 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by silverbullet88

I have quite a few teraflex parts and all of them are awesome. I have a ruffstuff 1 ton TR that’s nice but wish I’d gone teraflex. Boots leak on the ruffstuff. I still run the stock Drag link.

How long have have you had the Teraflex ball joints installed? I’ve had a set sitting in the garage for about a year or so. My stockers stilll going strong.
I definitely need to look up the Teraflex steering as that's one of the most common recommendations I've received.
Ive had my Teraflex ball joints installed for roughly 6,000 miles now and they're great! My stock ones weren't completely shot when I removed them, but I had started to notice they were deteriorating from 37s, so I bought the Teraflex ones and I'm really happy.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ajkaz
I'm happy with the Synergy Tie Rod, especially for ease of adjust-ability. Mine was floppy, but I switched out the dust boots with the newer low misalignment boot, no more flop, even with hydro assist. I am running a moog drag link, got it for under $75 with a 1 ton end, both ends are grease able and I use the oem adjuster which has held up fine. I dont see the need to drop big $$ on a DL if you have or plan to have hydro assist.
thanks for the feedback, at this time I don't plan to run hydro since I'd like to spend my money on other necessary upgrades for the time being. How do you like the moog dl?
Old 12-26-2017, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

I changed my front tie rod out to Moog, when I ran into issues removing the old tie rod. Lifetime warranty? Yep enough said sold and installed. I like that it also has zerk fittings for greasing at my tire rotation intervals. Just my two cents. Snagged it from Advance Auto with adjuster, and adjustable end for around $250?

I also forgot I installed Teraflex ball joints in the front. It was easy enough to do with the axle on the shop table. One thing I do not like about the TF balls is ease of greasing. Sure they make it seem like it's going to be lickety split, but that has not been the case even when I had this axle on the table. Most times in order to ensure I get them greased I have to use a needle fitting on the zerk. For whatever reason a straight zerk coupling won't send the grease in. Even when the grease coupling is brand new.

Last edited by Seizer; 12-26-2017 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TankRubicon15

thanks for the feedback, at this time I don't plan to run hydro since I'd like to spend my money on other necessary upgrades for the time being. How do you like the moog dl?
I think its the best bang for the buck out there, the ends are much more heavy duty than stock as well as serviceable. The bar itself is also thicker than the OEM bar, also as mentioned above it has a lifetime warranty.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:07 PM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been running synergy components for years and never had an issue. If you looking to upgrade your steering i would also look into redneck ram. For an extra 5-600 you can get hydro assist and the drive-ability off road is amazing especially if you're running 37's or bigger.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator
FJOTM Winner

Received 483 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Seizer
I changed my front tie rod out to Moog, when I ran into issues removing the old tie rod. Lifetime warranty? Yep enough said sold and installed.
Be careful with the Moog- they'll only replace it once. The guy at Advance told me after my first replacement that it would be my last via Moog warranty. "Lifetime" is a loose term they throw around, I wouldn't put too much faith in it. With that being said.....I bent my Moog DL with a stock tie rod at Rausch Creek- who knows how that happened
Old 12-27-2017, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jchappies
I've been running synergy components for years and never had an issue. If you looking to upgrade your steering i would also look into redneck ram. For an extra 5-600 you can get hydro assist and the drive-ability off road is amazing especially if you're running 37's or bigger.
Did you do the draglink flip with the synergy components or did you keep it at factory position? And yeah i've considered the redneck ram but I will probably have to wait a bit and do that a little further down the road.
Old 12-27-2017, 11:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by karls10jk
Be careful with the Moog- they'll only replace it once. The guy at Advance told me after my first replacement that it would be my last via Moog warranty. "Lifetime" is a loose term they throw around, I wouldn't put too much faith in it. With that being said.....I bent my Moog DL with a stock tie rod at Rausch Creek- who knows how that happened
Good to know, this is enough for me to stay clear of Moog. Appreciate the feedback!
Old 12-27-2017, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TankRubicon15
Did you do the draglink flip with the synergy components or did you keep it at factory position? And yeah i've considered the redneck ram but I will probably have to wait a bit and do that a little further down the road.
Pretty much my whole front end is Synergy, I've been running a drag link flip for 5yrs now with no issues.
I have heard nothing but complaints from Moog. I have a friend who installed Moog ball joints and they only lasted 2 month behind 37in tires. The shop that installed them were going to warranty them but charge him shop labor for the install. He took it somewhere else and had Synergy installed.

Quick Reply: Steering Linkage Upgrade