Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering issue...

Old 06-17-2015, 05:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the synergy is worth the extra money because both ends of the draglink can be replaced. If the knuckle side end of Teraflex's goes, you'll be replacing the whole piece.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by D_engel
the synergy is worth the extra money because both ends of the draglink can be replaced. If the knuckle side end of Teraflex's goes, you'll be replacing the whole piece.
That's a good point and something I didn't even consider until just now.

OP I'd definitely go Synergy just for that reason.
Old 06-17-2015, 06:01 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by nthinuf
The Teraflex setup uses a drop bracket from the frame. Synergy uses a raised bracket from the axle. If you read enough threads here, you will generally find people indicating that raising from the axle is the better choice. (right or wrong, you decide...) Anyway, look past the "lowest price I could find", do some research on the options, and form your own opinion. (guessing that you would not have ended up with a drop pitman if you had done this )

Whichever brand you choose for your steering upgrade, consider sticking with their components rather than mix n matching. (one example - synergy redesigned their own trackbar to work with the optional brace. Using other mfg's bars has been hit or miss...)
He already has the raised trackbar bracket ad part of his lift.
Old 10-15-2015, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, just to follow up to this issue and to let you guys know what I ended up finding. Before pulling the trigger on buying anything else I took the Jeep back to have the alignment re checked and they found that the caster and toe was off by a few degrees and corrected it for free due to it only being 3 months since I had it done originally. Got the spec results to keep for myself to show what was done. Still had lots of play in the wheel as I drove it home so I had my wife saw the wheel back and forth just between where the it seem to catch before the wheels turned. I noticed that the pitman arm was not moving fully when the sector shaft was. So I ended up tightening the pitman arm nut although it was torqued and Loctited when the dropped arm was installed. I got more turns than I expected when tightening and so I applied some torque stripe so I can Monitor whether or not it works loose. I then had my wife rock the wheel again and all was good but I plan on installing a Synergy sector shaft brace due to seeing some movement already. I just hope I haven't screwed up the gearbox already. But as of right now all is good and she drives like it was supposed to. Thanks to all for the advice and input.
Old 10-15-2015, 06:09 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by jonnysjk
o have the alignment re checked and they found that the caster and toe was off by a few degrees and corrected it for free due to it only being 3 months since I had it done originally.
You got fixed arms with the lift which set the caster to a specific amount. How did the shop adjust it? (you let them install cams?)
Old 10-16-2015, 03:43 AM
JK Super Freak

I would remove that dropped pitman arm and flip your draglink instead. That dropped arm is putting pressure and leverage on your sector shaft which is why it loosened in the first place. Just make sure you raise your tracbar at the axle side at the same times
Old 10-16-2015, 05:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
You got fixed arms with the lift which set the caster to a specific amount. How did the shop adjust it? (you let them install cams?)
I'm curious about this too

Quick Reply: Steering issue...