Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering issue...

Old 06-15-2015, 11:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After i dialed in my front toe on tires my bumpsteer went away.
Old 06-15-2015, 12:45 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jonnysjk
So where is the best place to get the Synergy steering correction kit as far as price goes?
Northridge might give a discount if you call them and free shipping. I would try them or Marcus at River City Offroad
Old 06-15-2015, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here are the picks of the front end. The TB and DL seem to me very parallel to one another.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3615.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	1.30 MB
ID:	614937   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_3616.JPG
Views:	93
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	614939  
Old 06-15-2015, 03:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

while the links looks parallel, they are on very different planes and follow different arcs. You can do a drop pitman and drop TB bracket (not ideal) or raised TB and flipped DL. What you have is a mix-and-match set up. Pull the drop pitman arm, flip the drag link with an adapter, and leave the TB alone.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:23 AM
JK Newbie

So my TB needs to be raised even more than what it is now with the current raised bracket that came with the lift? Will the Synergy setup do that? I guess I am having a hard time understanding this.^^ From the info you guys have given. I need to reinstall the stock pitman arm, raise TB and flip the DL to the top. I am ready to pull the trigger. I just want to know for sure the direction to point.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

So my TB needs to be raised even more than what it is now with the current raised bracket that came with the lift? Will the Synergy setup do that? I guess I am having a hard time understanding this.^^ From the info you guys have given. I need to reinstall the stock pitman arm, raise TB and flip the DL to the top. I am ready to pull the trigger. I just want to know for sure the direction to point.
No from the looks of your setup, reinstall the stock pitman arm and get the Synergy draglink with the $10 adapter. Your TB is already raised so leave it alone. What you currently have is a mismatch. You have a drop pitman arm with a raised TB. Not what you want.

Getting only the Synergy draglink and the $10 adapter will allow you to flip the draglink to the top of the knuckle and give you the flipped draglink and raised TB that is ideal.

However, this is what I would try first as already mentioned, put the stock pitman arm back on and take off the raised TB bracket and drive it like that and see how you like it first. You may like it fine and it give you no issues.

With the draglink flipped you will need to limit your uptravel with at least 3" of bumpstop to keep the draglink from hitting the frame or notch the frame. You will also need the correct drill bit size to drill out the knuckle also for the adapter. There are videos on how to do and instructions on synergy website.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yup. Chances are, however, he already has at least 3" of bumpstop with that 3.5" lift so he wouldn't be losing any travel with the flip.

Also removing the TB bracket would necessitate an adjustable trackbar. So draglink flip or adjustable TB will put you in the same price range. One may benefit you more than the other at your height.

Just trying to present you with all your options.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:23 PM
JK Newbie

Yes if you look in the pic I do have a big a$$ bump stop already. Ok guys finally and hopefully last Question on this.... I see that 4WD has the terraflex version for $208 vs Synergy $235 are there any differences in the two? Would you go with one over the other? Also Why cant I use my existing DL with the adapter?
TeraFlex - HD Forged Front Flip Draglink - Fits 2007 to 2015 JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited - 4WD.com

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING :: Steering :: Synergy Jeep JK Heavy Duty Drag Link
Old 06-17-2015, 12:47 PM
JK Junkie

Yes if you look in the pic I do have a big a$$ bump stop already. Ok guys finally and hopefully last Question on this.... I see that 4WD has the terraflex version for $208 vs Synergy $235 are there any differences in the two? Would you go with one over the other? Also Why cant I use my existing DL with the adapter?
TeraFlex - HD Forged Front Flip Draglink - Fits 2007 to 2015 JK Wrangler, Rubicon and Unlimited - 4WD.com

SYNERGY MANUFACTURING*::*Steering*::*Synergy Jeep JK Heavy Duty Drag Link
No reason why you couldn't use the teraflex one. I'm not sure what end it uses though. The synergy is a chromo rod and use 1 ton ends on both ends. To replace the whole draglink. It's really up to you, either will get the job done.

Can't use a stock link as it had a bend in the bar itself so it would bend towards the back of the vehicle.
Old 06-17-2015, 03:00 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

The Teraflex setup uses a drop bracket from the frame. Synergy uses a raised bracket from the axle. If you read enough threads here, you will generally find people indicating that raising from the axle is the better choice. (right or wrong, you decide...) Anyway, look past the "lowest price I could find", do some research on the options, and form your own opinion. (guessing that you would not have ended up with a drop pitman if you had done this )

Whichever brand you choose for your steering upgrade, consider sticking with their components rather than mix n matching. (one example - synergy redesigned their own trackbar to work with the optional brace. Using other mfg's bars has been hit or miss...)

Quick Reply: Steering issue...