Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Help!!!

Old 01-30-2015, 05:03 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Help!!!

Got new Synergy ball joints, tie rod with fox SS, Draglink and front track bar. Now my steering is giving me issues. Death wobble is creeping up everytime I hit a bump on the road, just gotta hold on!

I did alignment as soon as I finished install and it was good. I've had the 35 inch tires for a while, balanced and at 30psi.

Prior to this upgrade steering always felt great. 4.5" lift with tire combination was awesome, did the upgrade to beef up the steering components after I bent the tie rod in an off road trip.

Can anyone shoot any tips?
Old 01-30-2015, 05:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you didn't have issues before and you just replace all that it's hard to say , who did your alignment and did you torque your track bar
Old 01-30-2015, 05:27 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Alignment

Originally Posted by omar.rodz1
Got new Synergy ball joints, tie rod with fox SS, Draglink and front track bar. Now my steering is giving me issues. Death wobble is creeping up everytime I hit a bump on the road, just gotta hold on!

I did alignment as soon as I finished install and it was good. I've had the 35 inch tires for a while, balanced and at 30psi.

Prior to this upgrade steering always felt great. 4.5" lift with tire combination was awesome, did the upgrade to beef up the steering components after I bent the tie rod in an off road trip.

Can anyone shoot any tips?

When you say the alignment was ok, does that mean the new parts are exactly, down to the degree, where they should be for the alignment? I'm sure they're installed correctly, but getting something that exact can be hard to do out of the box. Or did the shop that checked it go deep, or just give it a quick look? And was the shop familiar with doing alignments on lifted vehicles?

Just curious. :-)

Quick Reply: Steering Help!!!