Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering Configuration??????

Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering Configuration??????

A couple of months ago I had a 4.5" Clayton lift installed on my 07 Unlimited. Suffice to say that the new lift and larger tires have encouraged me to write checks my body can't cash. This past weekend, for example, I was attempting to run the same line that some buggy friends were doing and managed to crush and/or bend most of the steering components on the Jeep. The stock tie rod is done.......the stock drag link is also bent beyond salvage and the RC dual stabilizer system (which never played well with others) is completely crushed. I've ordered a Currie Correctlync tie rod and drag link as well as a new Bilstein steering stabilizer but I'm at a loss to decide how they should be installed. For the record, the current setup does not have the Clayton high steer option or a dropped pitman arm. Further, I have no track bar drop brackets, just JKS adjustable track bars front and rear. So the questions are.......

1. Drag link flip?
2. High steer kit? If so, which one? And if I raise the roll center with a high steer do I need to do something with the trackbars (that are currently mounted in the stock locations)
3. Tie rod flip? Is it even possible with the stock knuckles?
4. How should the new steering stabilizer be mounted to avoid crushing it (again).

Suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by skibum; 10-15-2010 at 08:44 AM.

Quick Reply: Steering Configuration??????