Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steering box just died

Old 12-31-2011, 10:23 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Steering box just died

My steering box just died so I'm needing to either upgrade or replace. I'm running 38x14.5 so I'm kinda thinking about going PSC route. Any suggestions?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:29 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lomax-dtl
My steering box just died so I'm needing to either upgrade or replace. I'm running 38x14.5 so I'm kinda thinking about going PSC route. Any suggestions?
The psc is solid. I've been through 3 power steering pumps and my box is now leaking. Went with the psc and should be coming in soon. I have a friend who runs it on his JKU and it's solid! He raves about it.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:34 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GreenJK07

The psc is solid. I've been through 3 power steering pumps and my box is now leaking. Went with the psc and should be coming in soon. I have a friend who runs it on his JKU and it's solid! He raves about it.
Did you go with the hydro assist or just the box?
Old 12-31-2011, 02:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also bought a PSC hydro assist set up and love it! I went with the kit that I sent in my steering box and saved about 500 bucks that way. I think they give you a whole new box anyways because I overnighted my parts and called to make sure they received them and he sent all my parts out same day. They completely refinish the box like bran new also. Love my steering and have no regrets!

Quick Reply: Steering box just died