Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Which steer stabilizer to get?

Old 10-25-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with the others!! Ss only mask the problem. The stock one should be fine. Have you checked ball joints? Mine would cause a a shimmy after hitting a rough patch of road and it went away after ball joints. I ran without one for a week after having the ball joints just to see if it was fixed. No issues. My stock one was leaking due to the shimmy.i replaced it with a pro comp one from 4wheel parts. $35 with a lifetime warranty. Works great.

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 10-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by mrbigwrench
Doing some homework on quality steering stabilizers. I've been told Fox is probably the best. Quadratec lists 1 for $130 and the top of the line model for $355.
I have Ranchos all the way around my JK now, but my parts guy tells me they're still a cheap, Mexican made shock.
My question: is the midrange Fox shock better than the Rancho? Or is there another brand that's reasonably priced and superior to the Rancho? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

The RS5000 shock and steering stabilizer are made in the USA, along with the RS9000XL.
The RS7000MT is made in Canada but assembled in the USA.

It is stamped on the shock body.

Quick Reply: Which steer stabilizer to get?