Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Steel coil spacer question

Old 01-07-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steel coil spacer question

I have been seeing several steel coil spacers online while searching for a 1 1/2-2" budget boost.

Would the ride be rougher than the poly coil spacers?

I am not looking at the TF budget boost because $350+ is NOT budget for me.
I'm looking to spend under $125 for the coil spacers. I'm not interested in a leveling kit because I already sitting level with my Rubi takeoffs.

I've looked at Rusty's, but after $35 shipping, price for the front and rear 2" is at $110.

The steel coil spacers have a couple extra things that I'm not sure exactly are.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4012033783.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	260898  
Old 01-07-2012, 08:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as you keep the factory isolators, the steel ones should be ok, never heard of anyone using them though... Those are shock extensions in the pictures, you bolt them on your factory shocks.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:42 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by armycop
As long as you keep the factory isolators, the steel ones should be ok, never heard of anyone using them though... Those are shock extensions in the pictures, you bolt them on your factory shocks.
what he said. i have installed steel coil spacers and, so long as you make sure to keep the factory isolators, you'll be fine with them
Old 01-07-2012, 09:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received that exact kit for Christmas. I'm not going to install it until I have the money for tires though. Also, want to purchase some add-ons for it. Probably buy an adjustable front track bar, rear track bar bracket, brake line extension brackets.
That lift will be 2.5" front and 2" rear

It's possibly built by Rough Country bc they use steel for their spacers.

There are numerous members here that run the RC spacer lift without any issues. The ride should be the same as with other spacer lifts.

If i were buying it myself from the beginning I would just buy from Rough Country and get the series II kit to have the rear track bar bracket and sway bar links

Quick Reply: Steel coil spacer question