Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Staying at stock height

Old 01-02-2012, 04:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Staying at stock height

I'm currently trying to build a jeep that will be used as a Daily Driver and moderate offroading. I want to keep the suspension as close to the stock suspension height as possible.

I have done bushwacker flat fenders and am running 35's with no lift. My next Mod will be a LoD front Shorty Bumper with a Warn Powerplant winch. I figure thier to total weight to be about 210 lbs. I'm not sure what a stock bumper weighs ?? My questions are .....

For those that have a Powerplant whats your opinion of the winch ?

And two, after installing this set up what size spacers will I have to put up front to make up for the extra weight to get back to stock height ?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2012, 04:13 AM
JK Newbie

i think i read somewhere the stock bumper is around 40lbs?

but the only problem with spacers is you lose suspension travel so i would say install the bumper and winch measure the height before and then let it sit on there for a week maybe to get a full idea for the sag.

most people report about 1/2" TO 3/4" sag at around that weight so you can use something like the daystar leveling kit but i would recommend just purchasing some stock height springs with a stiffer rate
Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

3/4" spacer should work
Old 01-02-2012, 05:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would measure now and measure when you're installed, that should give you exactly how much you need. Doesn't help you do it all in one day, but it's probably the best way to do it.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:21 AM
JK Newbie

I just installed the EVO 1.5in leveling kit in my 2010 jk ,the kit comes with front springs that are designed to handle the weight of bumpers and winches while leveling out the Jeep and for the rear it use a 3/4in spacer, this kit is easy to install and the ride is better than stock In my opinion, I also installed 35in tires and to finish I will trim my stock fenders.Click image for larger version

Name:	004.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	257566

Quick Reply: Staying at stock height