Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

State fender laws????

Old 06-21-2008, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default State fender laws????

hello all, I have already read here somewhere that the Xenon fenders sag and so forth, but I just found the Narrow Xenon fenders and they look pretty sweet.. first question-does anyone have the narrow xenons on? if so how are they holding up? Secondly, I have been trying to find my state (louisiana) laws concerning tire coverage, and all I can find via internet is a headlight height restriction... anyone here from Louisiana?? or maybe someone has some links to try.. I have tried the states website and I cant locate any info. All info is greatly appreciated as always..
Old 06-21-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Newbie

Try asking Louisiana State Highway Patrol.
Old 06-21-2008, 06:21 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Off Road Evolution Rep

FYI, Xenon fixed the sag issue. Now there is a internal brace that is included with the fenders. Unfortunatly there are a few vendors at shows that were sent the post production brace and never put them in...
Old 06-21-2008, 08:15 PM
JK Freak

I have been wondering the same thing as you up here in Maine. My understanding of our fender law is that the tire has to be protected by fender as viewed from the rear. But it havent heard anything about a view from the side... not sure if it would matter.

Im more worried about the fenders making my Jeep look like it has alot more lift. More attention = more chances of getting stopped for it.

Quick Reply: State fender laws????