Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Starting my JK Salvage Project

Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

where you at piggy?
330... that's what.. like, mansfield/wooster/sugarcreek area, right? Akron/Canton maybe.

I'm in Westerville ><
Old 03-09-2009, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

Default How much?

I don't know why it should be a secret. I'm not ashamed of how much i paid. It was in the $12000 range.

Davey had a brand new grill for it too.

Go ahead tell me how bad I did. I can take it.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:26 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Thrillrod
I don't know why it should be a secret. I'm not ashamed of how much i paid. It was in the $12000 range.

I think you did really well, My next JK will be from him

Originally Posted by pentz.7
where you at piggy?
330... that's what.. like, mansfield/wooster/sugarcreek area, right? Akron/Canton maybe.

I'm in Westerville ><
Columbiana, Just east of his place
Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
HGF
JK Newbie

doesn't sound too bad...kinda wish I had some extra cash any of his TJs could make a fun project
Old 03-10-2009, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Daveys

Well, I found the website, and he has a lot of great stuff, but to my dismay, Davey's is about a 10 hour drive from here. He has an 08 black Sahara that I would like to have the back seat out of, but he won't ship it. I don't guess any of you guys who live near him would be willing to do a guy a favor? I would certainly make it worth your while if I could get some help here. Just a thought...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by davidmech21
Well, I found the website, and he has a lot of great stuff, but to my dismay, Davey's is about a 10 hour drive from here. He has an 08 black Sahara that I would like to have the back seat out of, but he won't ship it. I don't guess any of you guys who live near him would be willing to do a guy a favor? I would certainly make it worth your while if I could get some help here. Just a thought...
I 71/2 hrs away myself.

But from what I've seen from this JK community I wouldn't doubt someone doing you this favor.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:21 AM
JK Newbie

Let me start off by saying that I love this site. It has already helped me in my preliminary decision making and the people on here have been nothing but great. OK, enough already, let me get started.

I live in Bloomfield IN. Home of the Hi-Lift jack. I have owned a 97 TJ for about 6 years and in that time have added 2 children to the one I already had, so if I wanted to stay in the jeep business it was time to get some room. Realize that in my town of approx. 2500 people, there are some nice, nice jeeps. We will not include my 97 in that. I want something that will stand out, but to do that I realize what I would want is beyond my means so I had to make some choices. I was looking for a used 4 dr when I came across a jeep salvage yard that just happened to have a 2007 Sahara Unlimited that the insurance company had totaled. I made the 14hr trip with my brother-in-law and hauled it home.

I will get into what was damaged as I go, but here it is.

I'm hoping as I go, you all will follow along and give me your feed back.

Thanks,

Thrillrod

I wish I could find a salvaged Jeep that I could rape
Old 03-10-2009, 08:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dunno that I would pay that much but it isn't an insane amount. By the time you get everything fixed you should be under retail I would think.... and have a better rig tan stock
Old 03-10-2009, 09:51 AM
JK Newbie

Default This was my thinking......

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
dunno that I would pay that much but it isn't an insane amount. By the time you get everything fixed you should be under retail I would think.... and have a better rig tan stock
When I found this jeep, I had a body shop guy and a few off road guys look at the damage to tell me what they thought. The conclusion I came up with was there was very little damage to things that I planned on keeping. The front dana 30 was destroyed. I replace it with a new 44. The front bumper was destroyed. I was going to replace that also. (still deciding). The side steps and fender flares on the driver side were destroyed. Again, I wanted different ones anyway.

So that leaves us with the fender, transmission pan and the door damage. I can deal with that.

So lets say you were looking at a 2007 Sahara. 19000 miles and in perfect condition. You look at the guys selling it and say " you keep the front bumper, front axle, and the side steps and fender flares on the driver side." And the guy agreed. Would he take $12000 for it. Would you give it?

I would, Hell, I did.

I know what some of you are saying, "but when you're done with this you will have a jeep with a rebuilt title."

You're right. I can deal wth that too.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:19 AM
JK Freak

Default Sweet!

When I found this jeep, I had a body shop guy and a few off road guys look at the damage to tell me what they thought. The conclusion I came up with was there was very little damage to things that I planned on keeping. The front dana 30 was destroyed. I replace it with a new 44. The front bumper was destroyed. I was going to replace that also. (still deciding). The side steps and fender flares on the driver side were destroyed. Again, I wanted different ones anyway.

So that leaves us with the fender, transmission pan and the door damage. I can deal with that.

So lets say you were looking at a 2007 Sahara. 19000 miles and in perfect condition. You look at the guys selling it and say " you keep the front bumper, front axle, and the side steps and fender flares on the driver side." And the guy agreed. Would he take $12000 for it. Would you give it?

I would, Hell, I did.

I know what some of you are saying, "but when you're done with this you will have a jeep with a rebuilt title."

You're right. I can deal wth that too.

Yep! I think you got a killer deal.....hell you don't drive the title!

Quick Reply: Starting my JK Salvage Project