Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Starting my build soon, looking for experienced builders to chime in

Old 06-22-2014, 11:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nthinuf
For 35's.

But you keep talking about the possibility of 37's, and you only want to buy once, so you either add spacers, or buy a lower backspace from the start. The sticky threads at the top have some recommendations in them.
Let's be realistic here... 37's is not idealistic for driving across the country for wheeling/jeep events, yes driving at 80MPH across the country is perfectly doable with the correct supporting mods. But that's more gas and more strain on certain components.

I'd say go with the 35's first since the tires will last a 3-4 yrs which may give him the time to finish the rig the way he and his wife plans and also time to purchase that motor home and trailer
Old 06-22-2014, 01:04 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JK_Crawler
Let's be realistic here... 37's is not idealistic for driving across the country for wheeling/jeep events, yes driving at 80MPH across the country is perfectly doable with the correct supporting mods. But that's more gas and more strain on certain components.

I'd say go with the 35's first since the tires will last a 3-4 yrs which may give him the time to finish the rig the way he and his wife plans and also time to purchase that motor home and trailer
nthinuf and JK_Crawler, Everything seems to be pointing towards 35s for the near term. I know it's the smart decision for us at this time, but I'm still wrestling with it internally. Man I don't wan't to give up on 37s, I'm really fighting it, but you all have a fair grasp of our situation and have made compelling arguments. I've been reading all weekend, predictably finding lots of supporting info, and the only logical choice is to stay with 35s.

Remember the moment Darth told Luke "I am your father"?, and Luke's response?. That's me right now
Old 06-22-2014, 01:05 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Let's be realistic here...
Realistic is him deciding what he wants, and us giving practical feedback on his choices. Not us telling him what he has to do. He says there is the possibility of 37's, so my recommendation was to think about the backspacing now. 4.5" will work fine for 35's, but not so much for 37's, right? So know the options just in case.

Quick Reply: Starting my build soon, looking for experienced builders to chime in